Six

Drey and I walk up to the Jeep and see Shawn come out the car.

"I see you're wearing some of my merch." Shawn chuckles.

"Yup, I really like the floral embroidery accompanying the jean jacket. It complements each other well." I reply.

Drey give Shawn a bro hug and says, "Hey Shawn, what's up."

"Nothing much man, nothing much." Shawn says while returning the bro hug. "Well hop in."

We get in the jeep and we drive off. Shawn was playing Drake and I asked if we could play some of the songs from his album, and Drey thought we should, too. So Shawn eventually gave in and we listened to him. Drey and I sang along, I sang kind of at the top of my lungs and I was just totally jamming out. I was really enjoying myself when we enter into an underground parking garage. Shawn parks the car and we get out. Shawn tells us to run to the door that leads from the garage into the building, so we do. We're all just making small talk as we walk around inside the building and take the elevator to the tenth floor. When we get out of the elevator, we walk up to a beautiful mahogany door. Shawn unlocks the door and we walk in. It looks like someone's apartment. And then it hits me. It's his apartment.

"Welcome to my apartment or condo or whatever you wanna call it haha." he says.

"Wow, it's amazing." There are guitars hanging from the walls and some pictures and there's a piano and a lot of singing equipment. The condo is pretty huge, maybe twice the size of mine and Drey's and our's is pretty normal size with two bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen.

"Thanks. Make yourself comfortable and at home." he tells us.

Drey and I carefully and cautiously sit down on the nearest couch.

"This is your house...?" I ask.

"Yeah it is." Shawn replies.

"So.. Why are we here?"

"Um just to chill out, talk, eat some food, and just get to no each other."

"Oh.. Uhm.. Okay."

I'm sitting here and I just can't seem to find a way to make myself "comfortable". Seriously. I'm sitting on a couch, in Shawn's condo. IN SHAWN's CONDO!!! How did this even happen? I am so confused, I don't even know why or how I came to be here. I have so many questions and so many thoughts running through my mind. So to ease the tension, I walk up to one of the guitars on the wall and ask Shawn, "Is it okay if I play one of these?"

Shawn comes up next to me and pulls down this beautiful acoustic guitar and says, "Here, play this one."

"Thanks." I say as I receive the guitar from him.

I walk back to the couch and sit and start playing the guitar. I've been playing the guitar since I was in high school, so I'm not that great. I self-taught myself how to play, like most of the other instruments I play. I just make things up as I go by whatever sounds right. I start strumming in the tune of WWYITM and Shawn says, "Sing to it."

"What? No, haha I don't sing."

"Oh please, I heard you singing in the car on the way here. You have a great voice. You too, Drey."

"Thanks man." Drey says.

"Thanks, but I'm really not that great. Here goes nothing, I guess."

Said I wanna get to know ya/Why you gotta get my hopes up/Said that you were stayin' over/But then I woke up to the cold air ~~ Where were you in the morning babe/You didn't leave your number for me/Left me without a warning, waiting/I said where were you in the morning baby/How do you, how do you just walk away~~

Shawn joins midway, and so I decide to start harmonizing. And just as soon as I do, he stops and just stares at me. I didn't know what to do, so I stopped.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No no, just the opposite. I was so amazed. Your voice is so beautiful, I had to stop and listen, and just take it in." Shawn replied.

"Uhm really..?" I shyly say.

"Yes really! Absolutely!" He says back.

"Yeah sis, you know, ever since we were little you had the most amazing, captivating, and touching voice." My brother adds.

"Thanks Bubba." I tell him.

"Yeah I definitely have to agree with him on this one!" Shawn says.

"Thank you. It means so much because it's coming from you. You're one of the most influential singers in the world and there are so many fans and people who adore you out there. And yet you stay so grounded and humble. Thank you." I say to Shawn.

"I should be the one thanking you. I was fortunate enough to meet you and hear you sing. You truly do have a beautiful voice, and I'm pretty sure my manager, Andrew, could help you out."

"Oh no, I'm not looking to make a career out of singing or anything. I'm comfortable where I am now."

"A beautiful girl gifted with such a beautiful voice should be known everywhere. But I do understand where you're coming from."

"Thanks for understanding."

"Keep this promise?"

"What promise might that be?" I ask with a cheeky grin on my face.

"Promise me, that if one day you are given an opportunity or a chance, that you'll take it?"

"I don't know, Shawn. I-"

"Just promise me, IF, Janessa, IF."

"Alright.. I promise, Shawn, I promise."

*********************

After eating dinner and talking some more, singing some more, we decided it was time to go home, so we left. Shawn had asked Drey to stay just a bit, while I waited outside. He kept the door partially open so I wouldn't be completely separated from them. I couldn't hear much. Just a few words here and there. And within a minute or two, Shawn came out with Drey and he drove us home. When we got to the front of our apartment, Drey and I got out of the car and thanked Shawn for a fun night and for "introducing" us to his condo. And as Drey and I walked up to the apartment, we heard Shawn shout, "Janessa wait!" I heard a car door shut, and when I turned around, Shawn came right up to us. He then gives Drey some kind of look, Drey smirks, and says he's going to head in first. Shawn takes my hand and leads me to the passenger seat door, and he leans against it and pulls me closer to him. He puts my hand on his chest, over his heart.

"Can you feel my heart beating?" he asks.

"Yeah.. It's beating pretty fast.." I reply.

"Do you know why it's beating so fast?"

"Um, no.. I don't.. Why..?"

"You."