✓ three , fearful dreams

CHAPTER THREE
fearful dreams

CHAPTER THREEfearful dreams

・゜゜・.

we all finish our supper and gather in the living room with warm cups of cocoa. millard and i sit comfortably on the couch next to each other, talking about what we think horace's dream tonight will be.

"i think it'll be about that new suit he's been wanting to buy. the one he keeps going on about." i say, raising an eyebrow.

millard groans, "probably. it's always the same thing. hopefully tonight's one will be exciting."

horace takes his seat in the centre of the room, putting on his projector eye gadget thing. i'm not really sure what it is, and i've never had any means to ask.

a light shines through horace's right eye and onto the white wall above the fireplace, and he begins to project his dream.

it begins as normal. i watch as horace tries on the suit he's been looking at for a while now. i nudge millard with my elbow, rolling my eyes playfully. horace turns to the owner of the suit shop. "splendid. i'll take it."

the scene changes, and it's now in the backyard. jake is there, and horace shakes his hand. "delighted to meet you. super shirt by the way."

the scene changes again. it is now in a dark room. there's a cage with several ymbrynes in their bird forms locked within it, and a man and a woman either side with fully white eyes. i recognise them as wights. i shiver, heart beginning to race slightly. it's when a warm hand grabs my own that my heart begins to race even more. millard.

horace's dream is now showing an old woman being wheeled by more wights, who look quite angry.

fiona gasps, "a ymbryne. miss peregrine, do you know her?"

miss peregrine doesn't answer, and only continues to watch. i look from the woman back to the screen, swallowing.

"don't be silly. horace must've just had a bad dream, is all." i hear hugh whisper to fiona.

the clip changes again, and it now showed me outside of the house. there are aeroplanes everywhere, and the children in the background are screaming. in the dream, i take a deep breath, and create a force around the house as tears stream down my face.

i can feel millard leaning forward.

in the dream shouts can be heard from all the children, telling me to stop, and that i couldn't save it. a bomb drops onto the house, rupturing my force field. with a scream, i fall to the ground, and the last thing in the scene i hear are screams of all the children.