Virgil (Ch.7)

"Why are we stopping here?" I hear Roman say as we get to the cabin. It was this small little one bedroom cabin with no windows and only one door. It looked like a shed. It looked like that because it wasn't a cabin. It was a doorway to the eastern base... One of four. The eastern base had four little cabins just like this at each locale point. There was even one near my house but I was too afraid to go back there to try it. I let go of the bars and walked up to the door. It's been awhile since I was here. And now I come back with Deceit like this. They're going to hate me so much. "Virgil, what's going on?"

I sighed and knocked on the door, ignoring Romans constant questions. I stood there as my heart got faster and faster. The wait was killing me. Of course, the fear of what they would say was killing me too. 

"Password." A voice came from behind the door, and my heart plummeted.

"P-Password... When did you get a password?"

"Virgil!" The door opened and I was immediately slammed into a hug by Emma, Deceits little sister. Great start to all this.

"Oh my god, I never thought I would see you again. Well not here anyway. What's going on? Where have you been? How have you been? What have you been doing?" She just kept going off with her excited questions. She always was a little blonde ball of pure sunshine. She reminded me so much of Patton. I'm glad she never lost that. "Where's my brother?"

Once again my heart sank. I moved aside and her eyes landed on the wagon. Her smile faded and she looked back up at me with tears threatening to fall. She walked over and got up into the wagon. She grabbed Deceits hand and held it close to her heart.

"Is he dead?" I shook my head and she just nodded. She put her ear to his chest and listened to his slow heart beating. I just stood back and allowed her her time to get pissed. She was young, maybe 10 but she can make even the most powerful mage cry. She was strong and brave. She was the Head of this base after all. The youngest to have ever gotten the position. "What happened?"

"There was an..." I stopped. How do I explain this to her? The others just kept quiet letting me deal with all this. They didn't know what was going on anyway. She just kept looking at me with those bright blue eyes. "My house was attacked by... nightmares. Deceit and Thomas were with me. In order to save Thomas we... We both played decoy. He got charmed." 

"It's not your fault." She looked back at her brother one last time before jumping out and walking back over to me. "Just because of those creatures... It doesn't mean that it's always your fault."

I just looked at her. The Eastern base's primary directive is to be the hub of all information. That's why so many of them are spies. That's why Deceit specializes in espionage. Of course, she would know. They all probably knew well before I came here the first time.

"I appreciate your kindness but... I was my fault. I refused them and they retaliated."

"What are you talking about Virgil?" Thomas looked just so confused. I'm not surprised though. Just yesterday we were all normal human sides. Then today, he was thrust into a world of fantasy and death. He wasn't prepared for it. 

"Virgil, I hope you're not planning on..."

"That was never my home. No matter what anyone says."

"Good, now if you could bring my brother inside. We should start before he wakes up." I just nodded before going over to Deceit and picking him up. I could hear Thomas's shock over it, after all, I don't look it but I am really strong.

After a while, so many people had come in that it got to stuffy for me. I left through the back door into the base and just relaxed. Deceit was home and he was getting help. The other were he as well safe from the nightmares. There is just one other thing to take care of.

Are you finally ready to come home?

That was never my home. I don't even know how you got into all this mess.

I loved you. Why wouldn't I try to get to know the REAL you?

That's correct. You LOVED me. Then you broke my heart and went and died.

I'm not dead Draak. I never was.

Stop calling me that. Your the only one that does anymore.

What? Just because you had a moment of weakness and told your fraud of friends that your name was Virgil, I'm just supposed to stop calling you Draak?

You're not supposed to be talking to me at all... YOUR DEAD!

No, I'm not. You will always be my Draak. It's the name you had when we were together. The name you had when we lived in the western base. 

My name is Virgil. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter. It's my name. MY REAL NAME. You need to leave me the fuck alone and stop this madness.

Stop what madness? My love for you? My desire to have you back in my arm? My hope that you'll join me back where you belong? I will find you. Your destined for so much more than this hell you're trapped inside.

My life is far from hell and it is far better than what you keep suggesting.

Is it? Or are you just saying that because too afraid to face the facts? YOU ARE NOT A GOD DAMN SIDE. YOU ARE NOT MENT TO HELP THOMAS. YOU ARE MENT TO CRUSH HIM. TO TEAR HIM DOWN NIGHT AFTER NIGHT. YOU ARE MEANT TO BE HERE WITH US.

I am Anxiety. I am VIRGIL SANDERS. I will never EVER hurt Thomas. And the Marcos I knew and loved knew that more than anyone else.

No the Marcos you knew and loved, was too scared to lose you to accept what he knew was fact. But that doesn't matter now. 

You won't win this. Even if you find me. Even if I ever joined in your frightful reality. The others will beat you. They will win and we will all live happily without your shit.

No Draak. They will die, or the both of us will. TAKE A FUCKING REALITY CHECK FOR ONCE! Who is really responsible for all of Thomas's nightmares running rampant. It isn't my fault. It isn't the nightmares faults either. They're just creatures without an alfa. Soldiers without a leader...

STOP NOW MARCOS!!

SUBJECTS WITHOUT A KING!

I felt my skin as it began to boil. The light's around me shattered, plunging me into the dark of the night. I just stood there as the shadows wrapped themselves around me. Like they longed to be near me, like they missed me. I closed my eyes and felt as the air thickened. I tried to take a deep breath but I couldn't. I opened my eyes to see a dark shadowy figure in a hood staring back at me.

"Found you." He placed his hand on my shoulder and everything went black.