6. The Room Where It All Began

Chapter 6: The Room Where It All Began

"O - oh my God," I stammer, hesitantly taking Frank's hand. "Y - y - you're from M - My Chemical - "

Frank pulls me to my feet and steadies me as I sway slightly, disoriented from all that has happened. "Frank Iero, and I am indeed from My Chemical Romance," he says.

Even in my dazed stupor, I stare at him for a moment. His black hair partially flops over one light hazel eye, and a genuine look of concern is on his face. He's wearing black jeans, a black leather jacket over a gray shirt, and small black gauges in his ears.

I blink for a moment and come to my senses, remembering Ryan.

"Oh my God, Ryan!" I cry, falling to my knees at his side. His hair is partially splayed over his face, his eyes are closed, and a gash runs down the side of his face.

Frank peers at him. "Hey, isn't this the dude from Panic?"

"Yes," I say, tears filling my eyes as I brush his hair out of his face. "And my boyfriend . . . "

I feel Frank lightly touch my shoulder comfortingly. "I'm sorry this happened," he says softly.

Just then, Ryan's eyes flutter open. He stares at me, blinking. Then his eyes travel to Frank, and widen as recognition registers on his face.

"F - f - Frank Iero?" he gasps, sitting up suddenly. Dizzy, his eyes go out of focus, and he falls back.

"Woah there," Frank laughs, catching him with one arm and easing him into a sitting-up position. "Are you okay?"

"Y - yeah," Ryan stutters, his eyes shining in admiration. "M - m - My Chemical Romance - "

Despite everything, I can't help but smile. He's totally at a loss for words.

Frank rubs Ryan's back in a fatherly fashion. "You got hit pretty hard, huh?" he says gently.

"I, uh - " A crimson blush rises to Ryan's face. "I'm fine," he manages to get out.

"Alright." Frank pats Ryan on the back and pulls him to his feet, steadying him. "Nice to meet you. You're from Panic! At The Disco, right?"

"I - yeah!" Ryan's face lights up in a smile, and he nods vigorously.

"Nice," Frank laughs.

Ryan glances at me and stumbles over, pulling me into a tight embrace. "Oh my God, Aubree," he whispers, "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," I say earnestly, my head on his shoulder.

"You're okay," he says, pulling apart to look at me and smile with relief. "All that matters is that you're okay."

I gently trace the side of his face that has the gash. "You're not, though." I say worriedly. There's a moment of distressed silence, then Frank speaks.

"Would you two want to come back to my place? I can't exactly leave you guys like this," Frank offers, sticking his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

Ryan looks at me excitedly, and I nod, amused. He then looks at Frank, taking a breath. "I mean, I wouldn't want us to be trouble - "

"No way, dude," Franks says, waving his hand dismissively. "Believe me, it's the least I could do after what just happened."

I feel a cold shiver run up my spine as I glance the half-illuminated figure of Sean, slumped on the ground, and I force myself to look away.

"Alright!" Ryan says, taking my hand and squeezing it slightly. "Thank you!"