Chapter 1

'Welcome to Wonderland'

Margaret turned to me with a worried look once we entered the gates of the asylum.

"Just call if anything too bad happens alright."

I nodded in response, not really knowing what else to say.

I looked to the front, observing the front of the building, it looked more like an old mansion than an asylum, but still gave that same disturbing aura to it, even with all the red and white roses that were planted on the sides of the pathway.

.....

I stepped out of the car, getting all my bags from the trunk ( which wasn't much just a backpack and a suitcase), then starting to head up the steps to the front doors where a man in white clothing was waiting to escort me inside . 

"AL!" My aunt Leslie called to me.

I turned to see her waving what seems to a diary in her hand.

"What's that?" I asked going back down to the car.

"A diary obviously" 

I rolled my eyes at her.

"I mean why are you giving this to me?"

"Cause your a lil'shit who gets bored easily"

"You know I hate reading"

"Exactly why I'm giving it to you"

She waved the book up my face "take it or leave it Al."

Knowing I probably won't have anything else to do, I grabbed the book from her hand.

"I found it at grandma's room while I was cleaning up, thought maybe you'd like it since your a curious little dork" Margaret stated.

"Thanks"

She then  touched the tip of her middle finger to her chin and then twists her hand towards the front pointing to me, which meant good luck.

I smiled as they headed out, then turned to enter the mansion, greeting the man who waited patiently for me to finally get up the damn stairs.

...

When I entered the asylum I nearly mistook it for a palace ballroom with the huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the grand staircase that leads to the first floor.

"Ma'am please follow me to your room"

I nodded and followed him as he led me pass through several doors,

 telling me a bit about the institute in the process.

For most of that time I blocked him out, being more interested at the peculiar pictures hanging on the wall.

Especially one painted picture of a girl who looks to be around sixteen or eighteen, 

I'm not sure whether it was just because of the way the artist of the painting decided to paint her, or if that is how she actually looked like.

Because she disturbingly looks a lot like my mother.

From her round face to her almond shaped eyes with visible bags underneath them.

'Alison May Everleigh' 

Is her name from what was written on the golden tab underneath the painting.

.....

After passing through a few more corridors and up a flight of stairs  we finally  arrived at my room,

I was given a small rule book and my schedule. The man then checked my bags and took out my phone and computer then putting it in  a bag that he had with him.

"HEY!" I protested.

"Electronics aren't allowed here check rule number 12"

"but I promised my sister I would text her everyday to keep her updated"

"You can write to her, there's a post office just outside the west building"

He then left before I could say anything else.

What am I gonna do