chapter thirty-six

Harry's P.O.V.

Despite being complete ass holes, Charlie's hospitality was fantastic. I wasn't chained to a cement floor with a barred window and rats crawling over me, but rather I was in a fancy bedroom with a big queen sized bed and flowers everywhere, and the window was left wide open to let the freezing breeze come through.

It's like they were tempting me to run. To be honest, the only thing that stopped me from doing so was the cuff around my wrist that kept me locked to the bed.

"Are you up, Harold?" a sharp voice asked from outside the door. Ugh, that voice.

"No, Amelia, I'm asleep," I snickered. The door flung open to reveal the bold girl, who strutted in with her heels in hand.

"Long time, no see," she giggled, throwing herself on top of me.

"Get off," I said flatly, and bucked my body so she was thrown off the bed entirely.

"Ooh, my brother wouldn't have liked that if he saw it," she cackled. She stood from the ground and flipped her brown hair over her shoulder. "Come on Harry, you used to be fun."

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes. "Take your STDs elsewhere."

"I don't have such a disease!" she squawked defensively, kicking my hip harshly.

"Sure you don't."

"Hmph, and to think I was going to help you," she pouted and moved to stand near the window, pulling out a cigarette. "Want one?"

"I don't smoke anymore."

"Oh?" she raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

I didn't respond, to which she laughed.

"I heard you'd gotten a goody-two-shoes bitch, but I didn't think you would turn into such a pansy for her," she giggled.

"For your information, I quit for the better of my own well being," I sighed. "I don't want to die young."

Amelia widened her big brown eyes. "That's new," she blinked. "I thought you were the person that wasn't scared of death."

"If I died, who would look after her?"

"So considerate," she snickered, tossing the butt out the window. "Whatever, brother will pull your head back in."

"What does your brother have planned exactly?" I asked.

Amelia looked at me as if I were stupid. "To get you back into the gang of course. You can't just leave after being a member for as long as you have, you know."

"I think stabbing your brother in the eye should have been enough to get me kicked out, don't you?"

"Ahh, but brother likes you, Harry," Amelia smirked, coming closer to me. "You're different, he says. You have the natural instinct of a criminal, one of his best workers. He was so... Devistated, when you decided to just up and leave like you did. He thought of you like a brother, ya know."

"If he was my 'brother' he wouldn't have set my mother up with such a bastard like he did," I ground my teeth. "It's Charlie's fault that I was ever in such a mess."

"That's true," she giggled. "But you can't dwell on the past, Harry. If I were you, I'd be more worried about my future."

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"What you choose now," she explained, "will decide the fate of your little girlie."

"What?"

"Right now, she's under 24 hour surveillance by one of your dearest friends. I'll admit, he's playing the part very well, you know? Being that good guy that is willing to help the poor girl out in ways that only he can. He even went as far as going to see your aunt with her! She doesn't suspect anything bad from him, so there would be no problem with getting her here to play with us. Louis is dying to get her hands on her too, you know that she's his type right? One wrong move from you, and Louis does what he pleases."

"Louis?" I echoed. "Louis would never betray me!"

"Amazing what money can do, right?" she smirked and pecked my lips. "Just behave and nothing happens to her, alright?"

"What do you mean?" I asked frantically.

She giggled and walked to the door. "Amelia! Explain this shit! What will he do to her?!"

Amelia stopped and turned with a devilish expression. "Probably the one thing you have yet to do with her."

"You don't mean..." My eyes widened in terror. "No! He wouldn't do that! He wouldn't! Get the fuck back here and call Louis right now! Amelia!"

(a/n: sorry this took so long! I started a new school this week in a new fricking town, so I was finding it difficult to update. I know the chapters are getting shorter but bare with me! So whaddaya think about the truth behind Louis? ;) Stay tuned! Love you all. ♥♥ )