Chapter 8

((so before we begin, if you didn't read the update, I changed the ending for Chapter 7. The reason why is because a lot of the dialogue and actions didn't align with the character's personality. I changed it so it makes sense. If you haven't already, slide on over to Chapter 7 and reread the ending before continuing! Things will make a little bit more sense if you do.))

Chapter 8: Phoenix

The day after Rias rudely intruded on us, Kiba called us over to the ORC. Rias probably told him to fetch us after last night. We agreed, but sent Asia home. After all, we could sense the magic from the maid Grayfia a mile away. It was concealed, but every so often I would feel that ice cold magic signature. I recognized it from yesterday, and knew something was about to happen. To keep Asia safe, I called Lilith that we would be late, but Asia would arrive home.

Speaking of my grandmother, I broke every bottle of liquor she owned, much to her dismay. It's weird, seeing a person who looks like their twenty cry in front of you when you know they're way older than you. She actually threw a tantrum when she saw the hole I made in our bedroom, and I'm pretty sure she's still crying. I could be wrong though. Asia didn't wake up last night, but was curious why I broke Lilith's alcohol bottles and made a hole in the wall.

On the way to the ORC, Kiba would glance at us every now and then, while Issei glared at me. He must still be mad when I nearly gave him a concussion due to me catching him peeping on the girls locker room. He deserves it. No man can come near Chelsea. If they try anything of the sort, I'll break them.

"Hey, Kiba." Chelsea called out to the blonde, who looked at us curiously. Chelsea was currently walking beside me with our hands intertwined, a curious expression on her face. Confused, Kiba turned towards the short girl, nodding for her to continue. "Your King is acting strange. You wouldn't believe what she did last night."

"Somethings troubling Buchou? It probably has something to do with official business of the House of Gremory." Kiba responded thoughtfully. It's a smart assumption too, considering the maid of the Gremory Family came. But official business or not, that doesn't give her the right to ask me to take her, or force us into her Peerage.

"Last night? Wait, was Buchou at you and Shiroma's house?!" Issei accused, pointing a finger at us. I stared at him blankly, making him grow a tic mark. "You bastard! Buchou is mine, so don't take my future harem from me!"

"...keep her...she tried to force us into your group...she can burn for all i care." I muttered, adopting a cold glare. This piece of information surprised the two Devils, and Kiba started thinking. I can tell Chelsea is still mad at Rias, and I hope she doesn't plant her gauntlet in the red heads face. Not yet, anyways.

"Is that so? Um, anyways, maybe Akeno would really know what's going on. She is Buchou's second in command, so there's a high chance." Kiba suggested, a little uncomfortable with my statement. Issei nodded in response. Suddenly, Kiba stopped, and he adopted a serious expression.

"...did you seriously just notice it? we felt it long time ago." I muttered, disappointed the Knight couldn't sense the Demonic Signature earlier.

"And you didn't say anything. But still, to think that I didn't notice until now..." Kiba muttered, surprised that I felt it already. Issei was confused to what we were talking about.

When we entered the ORC, Issei greeted everyone, but we were greeted by an interesting scene. Koneko was sitting on the couch and Akeno was standing next to Rias as usual, but Rias was thinking hard with her hands folded together, and in front of her was the maid from last night.
"Hello again, Grayfia." Chelsea greeted and I nodded as a greeting. She was confused to who we were, as we were wearing our illusion, giving us shorter black hair and a human appearance. She didn't recognize us, but still acknowledged our greeting, suspicious to how we knew her name. Issei was confused to who the gray haired woman was.