Chapter One

I've always grown up with no privacy somehow everyone in the kingdom knew if I did something. The only person I feel like I don't have to act like a prince towards is Sir Roman my...personal knight.

"Catch me Virgey," He says tagging me and running off.

I run after him. "Come back Sir-Sing-A lot!" I scream hearing him giggling.

I pick up my pace but I'm still too slow for him the only way I could get him is if I tackle him.

I smirk and run slightly faster and jump at him but his reflexes have been improving and he jumps out of the way. I have an idea I start fake crying.

He rushes towards me. "Oh, my Virgil are you okay?" He asks bending over about to turn me over but I quickly get up and jump at him.

He just lays there in shock. I smile and look into his eyes. I like him no one knows this but my mother because it goes against the rules. I admire him so much I admire his leadership, his bravery, his fighting skill, and his singing voice.

"What are you looking at Virge?" He asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yo-Nothing," I say getting off and dusting off my trousers. He gets up and dusts himself off too.

"Well, the suns almost set so I have to get you back to the castle so you can wash up for dinner with your grandparents," Roman says leading me back.

"Do I have to leave so soon?" I ask whining.

"Yes but King Angoro agreed to let me and Father eat with you tonight," He says smiling at me.

I beam. "Really?" I ask hugging him.

"Yes," He says hugging back. "But we have better hurry so we can get cleaned up," He says running silently challenging me to a race.

I run after him. "No fair!" I shout and just earn a laugh over his shoulder.

Once we get home I race to the washroom and wash up, then I go to my closet and pick out my best waistcoat with a dinner jacket and trousers. I walk downstairs to the dining room and sit folding my hands waiting for everyone else to arrive.

Father arrives with Sir George and Roman. Mother soon arrives after, with Grandmother and Grandfather. They are commoners. My mother used to be a commoner until she married Father.

"Virgil."

"Grandmother."

"Virgil."

"Grandfather." We say greeting one another. Father sits at the head of the table, and Mother sits by him, Sir George across from her, Roman by me, Grandmother across from Roman, and Grandfather across from me.

I start tapping the table with my fingers. Roman looks over at me. "Prince Virgil calm down it is only your grandparents," He whispers to me. I nod and try to stop.

A servant boy comes in and serves us. "Thank you, Patton," Father says beginning to eat and we all follow.

A few minutes into eating I start tapping my foot. Roman reaches down and pushes my leg down. "Calm down Prince Virgil," He whispers once again to me letting my leg go.

I nod and continue eating. After dinner, the servant boy named Patton comes in with our dessert. We begin eating that.

After we are all finished eating we say our goodbyes. "Goodbye Grandmother and goodbye Grandfather," I say bowing and hugging them quickly.

It was time for Roman and his father to leave so we all say our goodbyes and I head to bed. I get out my sleeping garments and brush my teeth.

I go to bed and my mother is there ready to tuck me in and say goodnight.

"Mother?" I ask before getting into bed. "Why can I not love Roman?" I ask crawling into bed.

"You know why Virgil. It's in the rules. We mustn't marry any commoners and we mustn't marry anyone of the same sex," She says reciting the rules to me.

"But I don't want to marry him." We have this routine every night but I never ask how father married her since she was commoner.

"Still you know how that would look for our family," She says.

I go off track and change our 'script'. "I wish I wasn't in this family!" I yell tearing up hiding under my blankets.

Mother puts a hand on me. "You don't mean that," She pulls the blanket off my head and kisses my cheek leaving me to cry to myself.

I cry thinking about what could've been if I wasn't royalty. I soon slip into the unconsciousness of a peaceful sleep.

I dream of a life where I was born out of the blue bloods. I dream of a life as a commoner. I dream of a life where I can have my privacy and not worry about people saying 'that's not a very Prince-like thing to do' and a life where I can be with Roman until the end of time.