The League

I walked down the crowded halls with my notebook in hand. I started to write, September 1, 1989, "Dear Diary, I believe I'm a good person, you know. I believe that there's good in everyone. But, here we are, first day of senior year and I look around at the kids I've known all my life and ask myself- What happened?

I look around and hear the taunts the jocks give the unpopulars. "Freak! Slut! Burnout! Bug-eyes! Poser! Lard-ass!" I sigh and think of when we were all little kids, We were so tiny, happy and shiny. Playing tag and getting chased. The taunts continue from the jocks, "Freak! Slut! Loser! Short-bus!" Another sigh came out of my mouth and I continue to think about the past, Singing and clapping, laughing and napping, Baking cookies, eating paste. I smile, then it drops when I hear the tauts continue, "Bull-dyke! Stuck-up! Hunchback!"

Then I come back to reality, continuing to write in my notebook, Then we got bigger, that was the trigger, Like the Huns invading Rome. I bump into a jock, "Oh! Sorry." I mumbled. The jock laughed and went on his way. Welcome to my school, this ain't no high school, This is the Thunderdome! Hold your breath and count the days, we're graduating soon.

I smiled at the thought of graduating and getting away from here. "White trash!" I sighed, writing in my notebook some more, College will be paradise, I stop writing and looked around, if I'm not dead by June!

I smile again, But I know, I know, life can be beautiful, I pray, I pray for a better way
If we changed back then, we could change again, We can be beautiful.

I turn around when I see a jock push down a tall guy with glasses. "Ow" I walk over to him, as I walk I mumble, "Just not today." I got to the guy and stuck out my hand, "Hey, are you Ok?" I ask gently. "Get away,nerd!" "Oh, ok." I walk away, sadly. I hear the tauts again. "Freak! Slut! Cripple! Homo! Homo! Homo!" I thought about college again and smiled, Things will get better soon as my letter,Comes from Harvard, Duke, or Brown
Wake from this coma, take my diploma, Then I can blow this town,
Dream of ivy-covered walls and smoky French cafés.

I bump into a spikey blonde haired jock with a letterman jacket. He turns around and angrily bites out, "Watch it!" Fight the urge to strike a match and set this dump ablaze, I thought. Suddenly he smirks, raises his hand and slaps my notebook out of my hands, "Oops!" He laughs. "Bakugou Katsuki, Third year as linebacker and eighth year of smacking notebooks and being a huge dick." I mumble, to which he got even more pissed off, with a tick on his forehead.

"Whatcha say to me, skank?" He looked at me threateningly. I looked down, terrified of what he might do to me, so I quickly said, "Ah! Nothing!" Much to my relief, he left with his friend. I imagined the kids thinking the same as me, But I know, I know...
I know, I know, Life can be beautiful
Beautiful, I pray, I pray
I pray, I pray, For a better way
For a better way, We were kind before;
We can be kind once more,
We can be beautiful, Beautiful...

I was brought out of my musings when my friend, came and helped me with my notebook. "Ah! Hi, Uraraka." I smiled at her, to which she smiled back, "Hi, Deku." Uraraka Ochako. My best friend since diapers. She got up, "We on for movie night?"

I nodded. "Yeah, your on for Popcorn detail."

She smiled in excitement, " I rented 'The Princess Bride'"

I laughed at the predictability of my dear friend. "Again? Wait, don't you have it memorized by now?"

Her eyes sparkled, "What can I say? I love a happy ending." We both laugh. All of a sudden a red headed jock, with a crazy hair style came up to Uraraka and made fun of her.