CHAPTER 16

-KASEY'S POV-

I spent the whole week in my bed. Brad came to visit me everyday like the time he poisoned my face, but this time I actually wanted him to stay. He has been so supportive his kindness sometimes frightened me.

I didn't go to school because I knew I'd break down the moment I saw Ricky's face. Being without him was suffocating me. I miss his greenish hazel eyes, I miss the way he kisses me, I miss his warm embrace, I miss everything about him that it hurts.

"How could i be so stupid? " I huffed under my covers on my bed.

"You are not stupid Kas" I heard Tracy's voice in my room. I uncovered my face and sat up in a sitting position on my bed and saw Tracy and Wendy standing in my room.

"Don't lie to her Tracy, she is very stupid for staying in bed for a week and sulking like a lost puppy over a guy." Wendy said without holding back.

If those words were said by anyone else, My feelings would have been hurt. But, this is Wendy she never sugar coat her words, she just lays it on the table like it is and I know she wants whats best for me.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I asked running my fingers through my tangled hair feeling embarrassed because I probably looked like trash.

"Seriously? We've seen worse" Wendy said noticing my discomfort and like I said, this girl doesn't hold back.

"We are here to support you, this is not healthy Kas" Tracy said pointing at my bed."do you want to talk about it?" she asked sitting down on my bed.

I wanted to tell them everything that happened, but at this point my body was just too numbed by sadness.

"I don't want to talk about it" I said sniffing back tears.

"Good!" Wendy took a sigh of relief. "I was hoping you'd say that, now lets go downstairs and watch movies, I'll pick them out" she said jumping up and down with excitement.

"I don't want to get out of bed" I whined.

"I got ice cream?" Wendy said tilting her head slightly to the side.

"Geez Wendy, you didn't have to drag me out of bed" I said sarcastically getting off my bed in a heart beat.

Heartache or not, there was no way I was saying no to ice cream and my friends perfectly knew that. Tracy was still on my bed looking like she was debating on something in her head.

"Hey Tracy, are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"Y-yes,I'll be down there in a second. I-I got t-to umm...MAKE YOUR BED" she yelled " I mean I need to make your bed" she lowered her tone.

Tracy never made a bed in her life so I was just going to let her get to it because she was obviously hiding something and I didn't want to force it out of her.

"Okay, enjoy." I said walking out the room, Wendy was already downstairs in my lounge.

"Pitch perfect or The break..." Wendy's eyes widened at the title of the second movie. "never mind, we are watching pitch perfect" she said setting up the movie.

How ironic that she picked out The break up, but knowing Wendy she probably picked out the movies with her eyes closed. Thats one thing we had in common, we couldn't decide on things.

We were busy watching the movie with buckets of ice creams on our laps watching pitch perfect when Tracy finally came down, She still looked a bit distant and I wanted to help her, but I also had to respect her.

After watching pitch perfect and The longest yard and also finishing three buckets of ice cream we decided to put on the radio and dance, well Wendy suggested it and we couldn't protest.

We danced song after song, I was actually starting to be in a good mood. I was laughing so hard at the bad moves Tracy and Wendy pulled out. I couldn't breath, I clinged my hands on my stomach with tears falling out of my eyes and this time they were tears of happiness thanks to my friends.

I loved my friends so much, they always knew how to make me laugh. 'it sounded more like a hyena dying then laughing' and...my oh so lovely inner voice was back.

And when Ricky was completely out of my head guess what started playing on the radio? come on, you can get it right. yep I'll be by Edwin Maccain started bursting through the speakers and cutting through my chest and stabbing my heart. I know thats a little dramatic ,but thats how it felt . I felt a warm tear fall out my eyes and running down my cheek.

"This is the song we first danced to" I said with a weak smile wiping off my tears.

"Oh I'm sorry" Wendy panicked. "I'll turn it off" she said pressing random buttons on the radio until it was off.

"Its okay" I fell down on the couch and just like that, I was back to sulking. "He was so kind and so sweet to me" maybe if I got everything off my chest I might feel better.

"I'm sorry Kas" Tracy said sitting down next to me.

"No its not your fault" I assured Tracy.

"B-but you don't understand Kas, it is my fault" Tracy said bursting into tears.

I was confused. what is she talking about? She was a really kind girl and she always put others before herself. I am lucky to have her as a friend and right now she was trying to take the blame for Ricky.

"I-I" she paused before taking a deep breath. "I knew" she said in a lower voice.

"Its okay Tracy, I guess you just one of the people who predicted this would happen, I was the only one who was just so blin-"

"I KNEW ABOUT THE BET!" Tracy shouted at the top of her lungs cutting me off.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I knew that Ricky was going to use you, I'm sorry" Tracy said with more tears falling out of her eyes.

I don't know what I was feeling right now. I felt betrayed, hurt, shocked, surprised, confused. I just had a mixture of emotions running through me. I didn't know if I should cry or get mad at her. I just would've never predicted that Tracy would keep that from me just like I would've never predicted Ricky using me.

"And...thats my que to leave" Wendy said gathered her things and ran out the door without even putting her shoes on. she hated awkward situations and in this situation I don't blame her for leaving.

"I tried to tell you Kas, but I promised Danny I wouldn't. "Tracy said looking down ashamed.

"Just leave" I said closing my eyes, I didn't have the energy and my tears just wouldn't come out.

"No Kasey let me explai-"

"I said get out of my house!" I shouted at her.

She gathered her stuff and looked at me with sadness in her eyes before walking out the door. She knew better not to talk to me when I was angry.

I still couldn't believe it, she had a choice to spare me a heartache and she didn't. I wasn't angry at her, but I was really disappointed.

"Honey?" my mom walked into the lounge with a night gown on. "I thought I heard shouting, is everything okay? "

I couldn't tell my mom what happened, she seemed to be under alot of stress with dad not being home, she didn't need to add my heartache to the list.

"Yes, everything is perfectly fine" I gave her a fake smile hoping she wouldn't notice. I noticed my mom's eyes were blood shoot red. " m-mom? have you been crying? " I was really concerned about her.

"oh no, I'm fine honey, I just have a little flu thats all" she said avoiding my gaze, which made me more concerned.

Just as mom could always tell when I was lying, I could also tell when she was lying and right now she was hiding something from me and I have a feeling that what ever she was keeping from me wasn't good.

************************************ Secrets always come out ;).

Please vote and comment, it would mean alot to me :D