Freakydeeky

Arabella

"Okay, what?" Melanie said with an exuberant amount of what-the-hell as she swung open the front door.

Xander and I fumbled into the mansion-cabin with hands full of shopping bags. The weight wasn't as bad as those boys seemed to express, but I could definitely see me getting tired and annoyed with dragging these things around.

"It just happened, okay?" I responded with a sigh, watching as all the bags were gathered together and just now thinking about where I would put all of this. Not to mention how to transport it back to my room back at the castle.

That was, if I ever went back.

No, I'd definitely be going back home, no matter what. Xander would just have to arrange a transport of the entire closet itself.

"We went shopping!" Xander said excitedly, handing off the bags in his hand to Grace, who was always readily available. She rolled her eyes and stacked them up in her arms with ease. "Can you take these up to my room?"

"Sure, Alpha." Grace sighed as if she'd done this a million times before.

"Your room? My room." I corrected quickly.

"Na-ah-ah. You said you'd sleep in my room, 'for the sake of our packs'." Xander said slyly, shaking his finger in the air. My stomach dropped, and goosebumps threatened to give away my nervousness.

Oh goddess how did I forget such a traumatic decision?!

"Right," I said shakily, staring at the ground. Sleeping in the same room as he reminded me of a certain heat that was approaching in only two days.

I needed more time. Way more time.

Was there a pill I could take to stop it? A shot I could get at a pharmacy? Anything?! All I needed was something to screw up my body enough to trick it into postponing the heat. Maybe a traumatic experience to my body?

I'd have to research tonight.

"Do you have a library here?" I blurted, causing Xander to turn with a questioning gaze.

"Yeah, our librarian, Claudius, should be up there now- on the second floor. It's open to the public, so there might be others in there. "

Others? Like pack members who could possibly tell if I was a royal?

My face must've said it all, because Xander patted my shoulder reassuringly, saying, "Hey, they will probably think you dyed it since you smell like a normal rogue to me. "

"Excuse me?!" I squeaked, picking up the shoulder of my shirt and sniffing it. I smelt no change.

It's the mate bond, it's adapting us for one another. Duh. My wolf reminded me with a huff. If she were human, I bet she'd be flipping through a magazine and rolling her eyes at me.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine." Xander shrugged, nodding me along and pointing up the stairs. "Go up and turn at the corner. You'll know when you see it. I'll see you for dinner."

"You're leaving me?" I chocked on the air around me, nervous now that I'd knock into someone and not know what to do.

"You want me to stay?" Xander retorted with a smirk.