Chapter 43: I Am Legend

Song: I Am Legend by Tommee Profitt feat Colton Dixon

*

*

Draven's POV:

The dark blanket of clouds were torn in two and black lightening burst forth.

Thunder followed and shook the earth and deafened the vampire army. Black horses rushed forth, dark tails flaming and manes whipping in the wind. Their riders were clothed in black to match their horses and were armed with arrows of fire.

The grass wilted and withered away where the horses hooves touched and the vampire army drew back upon seeing this frightening revelation. A thousand horses and their riders roamed the land, slaughtering every vampire in sight.

Their hooves sound like that of thunder, and the powerful animal's breath is loud like a waterfall. Their muscles bulge and contract with each step and their black eyes target any creature who is not on their side.

Their black coat shines in the darkness, oddly enough, and their size gives the riders an advantage.

The riders are just as fierce and deadly as the horses.

Each of the riders held a rugged, fierce look about them. Scars ran down their faces and marred their backs from hundreds of years of training and wars. Their eyes were piercing, either being the color as white as snow or as black as the darkest hour.

Their hair colors were either as white as snow, as black as a moonless night, or a dark auburn color.

Their facial hair was trimmed like a five o' clock shadow. Their hands were large and calloused, and black tattoos ran up their arms and wrapped around their back like a dark blanket.

They were the epitome of darkness itself.

They carried double-edged swords in their belt and bows were slung over their backs clothed in dark brown animal fur.

Their aim was excellent. Every single one of the riders could shoot bull's eyes from hundreds of feet away.

It's no wonder they are called The Dark Army.

Shouts and their echos followed across the the land, haunting anyone that heard the war cries of death and destruction.

A rain of fiery arrows showered the earth like a winter's storm. Blood of the enemy watered the lands and drenched the earth like a flood.

Swords clash together in an epic fight: Life versus death. Freedom versus captivity.

Sweat drips into my dark brow as I thrust my sword forwards into the heart of a vampire. He falls to his knees and I press my foot against his chest and dislodge my weapon. I kick him to the ground and move onto the next vampire.

The wind carries the scent of blood into my nostrils and my eyes glaze over with anger.

I tuck the sword away back into my belt and summon death's mist to rise within me. Breathing deeply and closing my eyes, I feel the coldness of the substance curl around my fingers. I form it into a ball on each one of my palms.

It shoots out and licks the skin of a vampire. His skin sizzles and bubbles, and he groans in pain. Wasting no time, I bring my hand down and slice cleanly through his neck.

I look down at his mangled body.

The skin around the severed head and neck still sizzles and blisters.

In the distance, I see Kamaria on the back of a horse. She wields a bow over her back and fires arrows at the enemy's hearts.

My jaw drops.