prologue

Sofia was whistling a soft, relaxing tune. Ahimoth and Erin were off doing something- it was something along the lines of Queen Amrita telling her son to practice something. The prince of Virathia — Ahimoth — had only met the sort of.. strange group a few weeks ago. He was so astoundingly innocent, and then there was surprisingly young Sofia..
    The young girl was far from innocent. She didn't play games. Sofia liked reading, and mathematics. But in this world, she was far from unordinary. No, no, there were vicious monsters, and pointy-eared elves, and tiny dwarves, even plain old humans. Even Prince Ahimoth was an elf.
    A festival's jolly chimes interfered with her whistles and hums, so she listened to the upbeat, energetic music. It was the traditional Embervault Festival, held every year or so to celebrate things such as life and peace. Her friends were selling their delicious sandwiches, which Sofia thought were good enough to be famous.

   "Woosh! Sofia, wanna go play a game?" Onyx asked, darting over to Sofia. Her eyes were bright, displaying an energetic excitement. She bounced with glee, as if vibrating out waves of happiness.
Sofia softly smiled to her friend, and serenely replied, "Sure. Which game?"
"Let's play the one where we—"
Fluff meowed loudly, signalling to the centre of the festival. The cat seemed somewhat calm, its tail going to a corkboard with wanted signs on it. Said corkboard was covered in little notes and announcements, but these brand new signs showing off the criminals' faces were stapled right on top.

    One of the wanted signs had someone Sofia knew very well, and she gaped at the sign as her oldest memories came rushing back, all up to this moment. She stared at her friends, feeling quite lightheaded.
"I think I'm gonna go, guys," Sofia mumbled, nodding faintly to Onyx as she stumbled off. Her friend just smiled, and waved a good-bye. "Cya, Sofia!"

She swiftly fainted once she finished stumbling and tripping out of sight.