3

~~

~~

Iris Michaels ran down the cobblestone street as her pink dress flew in the wind behind her. A brown haired boy with significantly lighter skin than Iris ran behind her carrying his fathers top hat he had taken from his bedroom.

"Where are we going?" The little boy said to Iris as he struggled to keep up with the girl.

"I told you it was a surprise, Phillip! You'll see when we get there!" Iris responded flashing Phillip Carlyle a cheeky smile.

The two children ran down the street, stopping upon a gate with a giant house behind it. Iris excitedly began climbing the fence only to realize Phillip had stopped following her actions.

"Come on! It's beautiful inside you have to see it!" Iris said motioning Phillip to come closer. Phillip finally started climbing the fence as they both hopped over onto the property.

The house was obviously abandoned and had been run down for many years. Iris took Phillips hand into hers as she pulled him inside of the house, pushing the big front doors open with a squeak.

"I close my eyes and I can see a world that's waiting up for me, that i call me own. Through the dark through the door, through where no ones been before, but it feels like home." Iris sang as she pranced into the house. She gave Phillip a look of excitement and hope. As he caught eyes with the girl he began to wonder what it'd be like to live in a house like this, with a girl like her. But he knew it could never happen. Because they were different types of people from different types of families.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy. They can say, they can say i've lost my mind. I don't care, I don't care if they call me crazy. We can live in a world that we design" Iris continued to sing as she skipped closer to Phillip taking both his hands in hers.

"Cause every night I lie in bed, the brightness colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake. I think of what the world could be. A vision of the one I see, a million dreams is all it's gonna take."

Iris cupped her tiny cans around Phillips cheek, "a million dreams for the world were gonna make."

Irish stood still in front of Phillip, her hand still touching his warm skin. Her eyes full of worry that she ruined everything with her best friend. They had already taken a chance of being together, and she had risked him more by bringing him here. She suddenly took her hand away and started to back away from Phillip. She turned her back to him and sat on a wooden box placed on the floor.

"There's a house we can build, every room inside is filled, with things from far away" Phillips voice filled the room as Iris snapped her head behind her to make contact with the boy. "the special things i compile, each one there to make you smile, on a rainy day"

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy. They can say, they can say we've lost our minds. I don't care, i don't care if they call us crazy. Runaway to a world that we design." Phillip continued, a bright smile plastered on both the children's faces.

Phillip grabbed Iris' hand spinning her in circles and prancing around the room. They danced around as if knowing exactly what the other would do next in that instant. They were connected more than they had ever been.

"Cause every night I lie in bed. The brightest colors fill my head, a million dreams are keeping me awake. I think of what the work could be, a vision of the one i see. A million dreams..." The two sang together as they danced around the room, hopping from broken down couches to next piece of furniture beside it. The only light in the room was the candle lit torch lamp that Phillip had been carrying. Iris jumped off the couch into Phillips arms as he swung her around in circles before putting her down and looking into her chocolate brown eyes.

"for the world we're gonna make."