whispers

Yuuei academy; A prestigious school training the future heroes that will protect Japan in all their power. It's ranked number one in the top hero schools and holds a high reputation for producing only the most excellent and strong heroes

Despite their renown, it is said that a girl who attended yuuei at the time had died on campus, now forever dwelling there. People have claimed to have spotted her, and their sightings always had the same description of her: (h/l) (h/c) haired girl with (e/c) eyes and a piercing gaze that sent chills down their spine, her height measuring up to (h)cm. she often was seen in her school uniform, looking tidy and neat. if it weren't for her misty appearance, making her see through, people would likely mistake her as a living student. However, it was rare for someone to ever catch her with their own eyes, instead, it was more common for a pupil to hear her.

In countless instances, people would claim to hear inaudible whispering in their ear when nobody was behind them. Some of them thought that she was trying to say something about her death, or perhaps give them a warning about something terrible. Nobody truly knew.

The academy was separated into two, the believers and the skeptics. Those who believed were likely to be terrified of ever coming into contact with her, the skeptics arguing that ghosts were not real and it was irrational to have such a mindset.

She was called (L/n) (Y/n), otherwise known as The Whispering Soul.

"It was so scary.. I froze on the spot, I seriously couldn't move 'cause I was afraid she'd chase me if I ran for it!" Uraraka wailed as she recalled her spooky experience with the ghost, shivering. "Oh my god.. I wish I could see her! I'd face her head on like a man." Kirishima declared, standing up and earning the admiration of his fellow peers. "I'd fuckin' blast her with my explosions." Bakugou grumbled, clenching his fists as his friends laughed.

"You can't use your quirk against a ghost!"

Todoroki Shouto couldn't bring himself believe any story about the whispering soul, even if he tried to. He knew for a fact that ghosts did not exist, and people were foolish for thinking such a hoax was real. He disregarded any accounts and experiences he was told, shunning them.

A Tuesday afternoon; he seated himself in his the schools' library, working on his given assignments by himself. Pen scribbling on his paper, he was irritated by a wind blowing in his ear and the people beside him whispered far too loud for his liking. He already struggled to wrap his head around his work, with all the distraction in the library, he felt that it lost its' purpose.

Frustrated, the boy stood up, gathering his materials so that he could move further into an isolated area where he could focus. Relocating himself to the very end of the library, he spread out the books and papers again, continuing to write in the now peaceful silence. And then that whisper occurred. Startled, he whipped his head around to see the source of his disturbance.

Nothing.

Shrugging it off, he shifted his focus back to his work, but the girls' whisper became more clear when it was uttered in the opposite ear.

"You've got it all wrong."

Turning back, his heterochromic eyes widened to be met with nobody, just hundreds of books lined up on shelves. 'They must have some kind of quirk' he thought.

"Hagakure?" He called for her, but the whisper came again, a little muffled.

"Haga who? That's not me."

Right. Hagakure had already left for home (fully clothed too, so he would have at least seen floating clothes) and even if someone could disappear, surely they wouldn't have creeped up on him using their quirk. 

"Doesn't matter. Look at that sentence on the fifth line." The whisper commanded, the boy obliged. This wasn't (l/n) (y/n).. it couldn't be.. was that whispering earlier her, then?

"I know that 'fishes' sounds like it should be the plural for fish in English, right? It's not.. it stays as fish, Todoroki Shouto." The girls' speech was quiet, slow, and difficult but...

was she helping him with his English homework?