The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 - Epilogue

Thank you all for reading through the end of Book 1 and I hope that you truly enjoyed it! As of today I have posted the first chapter of Book 2 and I sincerely hope that you continue this journey with me and read it! You can find the next book here under my works on my profile located here: https://www.wattpad.com/user/DaddyIrishman

Here is a taste of chapter 1 of book 2 and hope that it entices you to read book 2 and take this new journey with me!

***********************************************************************************************

Lily couldn't think, there was too much going on and she couldn't slow her racing thoughts. This wasn't ever supposed to happen! Chaos was all around as Viktor Petrov's forces were swarming the meeting room and blood was everywhere, on the walls, the floor and covering many of the combatants on both sides of the battle across their chests and arms. Lily was shaking helplessly as she looked down and saw Dante gasping ineffectually, blood frothing from his mouth. The cause was tragically apparent since the dagger was still sticking out of the left side of his chest where it had punctured his lung. It was draining his lifeblood, stealing the oxygen that was keeping him alive for just a little while longer.

Lily was holding his head in her lap as blood covered her hands and arms, as Dante became more and more pale, nearing his final moments. A wolf was approaching Lily from her right, bearing down on her with a dagger to finish the job, to take out both the Silver Guardian and his Great Love. Lily reached around and pulled her Kimber from her back, placing two rounds into the assailant's head as she snarled in rage.

Lily re-holstered her gun and looked back down at Dante as his trembling hand reached up to brush across her face before it went slack, a final loving caress before the last shuddering breath left Dante's lips.

A primal and raw blood-curdling scream tore itself from her lips, shaking the entire conference room. Lily's vision tunneled and her mind splintered, not believing this could conceivably be real, and her arms and hands began to shake as she gripped her hands in tight fists, her fingernails cutting into her palms, making blood drip from her hands. A flash of blue-white light illuminated the room, blinding Lily and everyone else, overwhelming her vision...