Chapter 1

We all hate bad news, don't we? But, after hearing the same news over and over again you stop caring. Here I was, sat in another doctors office with my husband, Robert, and another doctor (the 10th to be exact) telling me I can't have kids. It's nothing new to me, as I said ten doctors have told me so far that I'm infertile but Robert insists we keep seeing people. At first, I had my hopes up but after awhile I stopped. My face just remained blank, no tears, no anger, no emotion at all.
We started our drive home, Robert as usual had his hopes up far to high and continued to tell me he'd keep trying to find someone who'd tell us different. Again, this wasn't new. We have the exact same conversation every time we see a doctor. I always stay quiet and just agree but this is getting too much, he's just putting us through pain by doing this, I can't have children.
"Don't worry we'll find someo-"
"Rob stop" I sighed.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't want to see anyone else, I can't do this "
"Don't you want children with me?!" He cried.
"Of course I do, I always have!"
"Then why are you giving up?!"
"It hurts" I screamed at him, losing my temper. "It hurts so much Robert, you're killing me" He seem to soften at my words and he put his hand on my leg.
" Mia, I'm sorry we don't have to see anyone else if you don't want to, we will just keep trying ourselves, how about that?" He gave me a little smile and i saw the hope in his eyes.
" fine" I sighed, keeping my eyes on the road.
Silence filled the car so I turned the radio on.
" A young lady was attacked by a man today in London, this is the fifth attack this week. Officials say-"

" lets not listen to this, let's find some music" Rob quickly changed the channel on the radio, the song Toxic by Britney Spears came on. Robert has always tried to blanket me from the bad in the world. Anytime there's bad news on the tv, radio or anything like that he'll quickly turn it off or change the channel. He's been like this since high school, I say that like high school was decades ago. I'm only twenty four and Robs twenty five.
Either way, there has been quite a few attack reports lately. It's starting to get scary, they think it's some virus that's made people ill. Hopefully I won't get it, I have quite a good immune system.

7:46pm —

I've always loved baths and showers, They are my happy place. After everything that happened today I needed a bath. We've only been home around an hour or two and I needed to relax. I had to be up for stupid o'clock in the morning for work.
I filled the bath with boiling hot water and bubbles, lots of bubbles! I started undressing, I stopped at my underwear and looked at myself in the mirror. My dirty blonde hair reached just pass my shoulders, it was at that awkward hair stage. My eyes were light green and light freckles covered my nose. I wasn't exactly pretty but I wasn't ugly either. I was okay. I looked rough at the moment actually, under stress. I had some dark under eyes at the moment that no concealer could save. All this stress over my fertility was draining me.
I continued to undress and got into my boiling, bubbly bath. I needed this.