Chapter 3

I stared down at Abigail's body. Unmoving, blood was tricking out of a gash in her head. I had to get help, I opened the kitchen door and ran out. I quickly noticed there was no one in sight. I ran from cubical to cubical until I saw a a lady who I hadn't seen before crouched over someone.
" excuse me " I shouted as I fast walked towards her. She groaned and slowly turned her head. Everything froze. She was covered in blood and so was the body in front of her. I deep growl escaped her lips as she stood up and started quickly limping toward me. I turned and ran to the fire exit stairs. I shoved open the door and smacked straight into someone. I screamed and closed my eyes, starting to thrash around when they grabbed me.
" hey Mia it's me calm down" I opened my eyes to see Darren my manager.
"Darren" I squeaked, throwing my arms around him. Sobs erupted from me. He pulled me close and held me for a second. I'd always been close to Darren, we'd gone out for a coffee a few times as friends obviously.

Bang

We jumped apart and stared through the glass at the women slamming herself against the door.
"We have to go Mia" Darren urged but the fear was swallowing me up quickly, making me unable to move.
"Mia please we have to move now" he urged, tugging at my hand slightly. I want to move, I really do but my eyes just couldn't look away from the bloody women banging on the window in front of me. She didn't look human anymore, is this what is happening outside? Is my Robert okay? Will he be there when I get home?

     Bang

The sound of a fire exit door two floors up is what actually got me to move, when the bloody bodies of the sick started pushing through it. Darren tugged hard on my arm and we started running down the remaining two flights of stairs.
To say I was fine after running down those stairs would of been lie, I am not the fittest person in the world and I was panting like a mother fucker by the time I reached the bottom. Darren on the other hand was completely fine, having been a runner in school.  The sound of the sick was getting louder, my stomach was doing flips as it got closer.
"What do we do?"  I looked at Darren for a plan as he'd gotten us this far but he looked just as panicked and clueless as me.
"Where's your car?" He whispered, slowly opening the door to the ground floor.
"Right by the front doors, it's the black BMW but I don't have my keys  " I whispered as we slowly walked out onto the floor.  The reception  looked untouched from the chaos upstairs expect from the face down receptionist on the desk.
"I have an idea" he let go off my hand, I'd forgotten he'd even be holding and walked slowly toward the receptionist, I think her name was Lena.
Darren slowly walked over to her slowly pushed the chair she was sitting slightly to the side so he could reach under the desk and grab her handbag. My heart fell out my arsehole as the receptionist started making slight groaning sounds, Darren quickly grabbed her bag and backed away from her. Her head was still on the desk but the unmistakable sound was coming from her, she started twitching slightly.
"Darren hurry up, what the fuck are you looking for?" I spoke low, trying not to attract her attention.
"Her car keys"
I kept my eyes on her, her groaning becoming louder. Her legs shot out as she tried to standup, failing miserably, she hit the floor.
"Got them!"
Her head snapped towards us, growling she started crawling towards us. Banging erupted from the stairs behind us, slowly turning around I was met with soulless eyes and bloody faces.
"We need to go" Darren yelled grabbed my hand and running towards the main doors, we pushed through them and the sight we were met with will forever be with me. Bodies everywhere, some dead, some not. Fires, people running and screaming for help, car crashes at every turn.  
I was shitting more bricks then a builder.