1

Shawn's POV

There he is. Sitting two tables across from me in the cafeteria.

Nick Robinson.

Locking lips with his girlfriend, Camila Cabello. What does Nick see in her? She's so fake, and she acts like she's all that because her mom is the principal of Serendipity High. It's not fair.

I couldn't stop watching their lip locking performance. I know, kinda creepy.... But, they've been going at it for over a minute. Even some of my other peers took glances at the couple.

A couple of Nick's other teammates sitting at the tables behind them wolf whistled at them, gestured sexual signs which made them pull away.

I was startled by two hands on both of my shoulders, which belonged to my two best friends, Ariana Grande and Jack Gilinsky. They were already holding their lunch trays with the same thing I got, hamburger and smiley fries filling their empty plates.

I gasped, when I turned around and saw Ariana. She looked different, well not like a "completely different person" different, but something changed.

Last time I checked, she was a brunette. Now she dyed her hair a darkish red color.

"I know, I had the same reaction." Jack said from my right side, already taking his seat.

Ariana rolled her eyes and sat on my other side. They were already biting their burgers, which made me laugh.

"Still gazing at Nick?" Jack asked, with his mouth full of hamburger meat.

All three us looked back over to Nick and Camila. Nick was eating his salad, facing away from his girlfriend. Camila was talking to her friends, while twirling her hair with her finger.

I looked back at Nick, who was looking at me. I waved at him, blushing out of my mind.

He smiled, and waved back.

"Can I sit over there with you?" He mouthed. I looked at him in confusion, pointing to our table. He nodded.

I nodded, as to signal yes, he can sit over here with us. He slowly rosed up from his seat, taking his plate of salad and walking over to our table. Camila was too busy talking to her girls to notice her boyfriend left her side.

"Is he really coming over here? You know how Camila's gonna react!" Ariana said, almost yelling with worry filling her voice.

"Ariana, lighten up. Camila can't do shit." Jack said, calmly.

I felt Ariana's arm move around me, and saw that she hit Jack's side.

I heard Jack groan in pain.

"You do realize she could just make up some story to get anyone in trouble? Remember when she got me suspended for cheating on our Physics exam? That was my first suspension EVER, and now it's forever going to be in my records forev-"

She was interrupted when Nick was closer to our table.

"Hey Shawn, Jack, and Ariana!" Nick greeted, taking a seat on the seat across from me.

Jack, Ariana, and I all greeted him in unison, which made us all laugh including Nick.

"Not to be rude, but why'd you move over here?" I questioned him, half-believing it was a trick.

"Mila's too busy talking it up with her girls, my boys are too busy to talk to me, and I think you and I are somewhat great friends."

Holy shit. He considers us friends? Play it cool, Shawn. Play it cool.

I looked at Jack, who got up to move next to Ariana so they can have their seperate conversation while Nick talks to me. Since it's clear, Nick has no interest in talking to them.

I turned away from them, giving all my attention to Nick.

Nick's POV

Being a trophy boyfriend is so fucking boring. Look at Shawn over there, laughing it up with his friends. So cute. You know what? I'm going to tell him.

My feelings for Shawn has grown ever since our eighth grade year. But, when Camila came into the picture in freshman year, everything changed.

I tried out for the football team to hopefully impress Shawn since he seems to be into the jock-type guys. Turns out I was really good at it.

I can't stop thinking about him. That curly brown hair, sparkling light brown eyes, I was so close to having a shot with him.

Until Camila came. Now I was forced to put up this whole straiight guy act. Being forced to walk around with this girl who I have no interest in basically anywhere, to keep up appearances.

I would occasionally wave/smile/wink at Shawn in the hallway, which Camila disapproved of since he wasn't "upper classmen" which pissed me off.

Why does she have to act like such a bitch? Her mom being the principal of this place means nothing. She still goes to school here, she can still get in trouble.

Camila and I argued over Shawn one time, which I assumed gave away that I had strong feelings for Shawn.

In result, she started being mean to his friends. Starting with Ariana. I felt so guilty for my part in her suspension. I didn't mean to tell the teacher that she cheated, I didn't want the teacher to take me seriously.

But, because I was "popular", he was afraid of Camila and I. So, he went ahead and reported it to the principal.

I felt sick to my stomach seeing Ariana desperately try to insist that she didn't cheat, it was all Camila's plan.

I was tired of the acting.

Me and Shawn's eyes locked across the cafeteria. I wanted to look away until he waved at me. I noticed him turning a light shade of red.

I think he has feelings for me too, this was gonna be easy. I guess.

I slowly got up, not giving two fucks if Mila or my teammates notices and walked away from my table. I walked over to his table.

Here it goes.

Shawn's POV

Nick and I continued to chat, and laugh about God knows what. I'm just glad that we're talking, actually speaking instead of just smiling, winking, or waving in the hallway.

"Well, isn't this just sad? Our Canadian fag, trying to seduce my boyfriend into rubbing uglies with him? I had to laugh." Camila said, walking up to our table with her girls behind her.

I rolled my eyes. "Can I help you?" I asked, annoyance in my voice.

"Yes. Tell me what you were talking to MY boyfriend." Camila demanded, emphasizing "my".

Before I could tell her, she took my half-eaten burger and took it apart. She slammed it on my head, which startled Jack and Ariana.

I felt the grounded cooked beef, smashed hamburger bun, ketchup, mustard, and cheese gather in my hair.

I heard everyone laughing, and saw people snapchatting this terrible incident.

This fucking bitch. I ran out of the cafeteria, and into the bathroom. Jack and Ariana followed me. I heard them say random stuff such as how Camila's going to pay, she had some nerve, how she doesn't have the actual balls to fight, etc.

I wasn't all upset, I'm just so fed up with Camila.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for checking out chapter one of Typing of Love! I'm sorry that this chapter was a little cliche, but I promise you the real magic will happen later on! Please vote/comment, and stay tuned for the next chapter and any of my other Shawn/Nick stories! 💋 x