chapter 2

"Wake up, Toya." Kendra taps me and pulls the covers off. "No", I tiredly utter. She starts marching to me, triggering me to turn over and go back to sleep. Suddenly, I get pulled off the bed to see Kendra standing over me.

"I said get up", She then walks away.

After ten minutes of me whining on the floor, I got up and started getting ready. I went to my mirror checking my outfit. A white 'Thrasher' shirt, ripped jeans, and classic vans with my hair slick back into a ponytail.

"You look so pretty," Kendra says, putting silver hoops in my ear. "But, you should really start wearing earrings." She smiles at me, I send one back. She had on a black and grey Nike windbreaker, ripped jeans, and black Nikes with her hair in a ponytail too.

"Ready to go?" I ask, putting on my sunglasses.

~

We both walk inside of the classroom and take our seat. The teacher starts her lecture, so I put my head down. I heard someone knock at the door. The teacher asks the person to introduce their self. "Hey, I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'm 17, even though most of you already know that," The person says with a cocky tone.

"Welcome to our class Jungkook, please sit beside-" She pauses and looks around the room.

'Don't sit beside me.' I repeat in my head. I'm very antisocial, especially with males, and everyone thinks I'm weird enough because I'm going blind.

"- Toya Daniels."

I lift my head up slowly and raise my hand. The boy named Jungkook, smiles and sits beside me. I scan over his face, he had very dark purple hair, fair skin, and brown eyes, at least from what I can see. He is wearing a black t-shirt, grey ripped jeans and blacks Timberlands. He clears his voice then smirks, causing me to snap out of thought and see most of the class looking at us.

"Jungkook, don't talk to her she is blind," Namjoon calls out to my seatmate. Jungkook scans over me stopping at my face where my sunglasses are and my cane beside me.

"I wish you would mind your business for once, why are you always worried about me?" I challenge him.

"Don't get mad at him because you can't see, how many fingers am I holding up?" Jungkook says in a mocking tone causing little giggles to be heard across the classroom.

"You are so childish," I say while glaring at him even though I know he couldn't tell.

"Don't start problems on your first day in this class." Kendra joins into the conversation, crossing her arms and frowning. The argument goes on for a couple of minutes until the teacher slams her hand on her desk.

"All of you, detention, after school. Now, sit down and stop disturbing my class." She frowns. I glare at Jungkook and Namjoon then sat down.

~

I walk out the class glad that the nightmare on earth is over. Soon as I turn the hallway I stop moving,

'Why am I not moving?'

Like the person could hear my thoughts, they speak. "Where do you think you are going we have detention." Jungkook states as Namjoon just hold my bag, keeping me still. I snatch my bag away and push pass them. Enough is happening in my life already I don't need them to add to it.

"Unsighted girl, we're not done talking to you." Namjoon taunts me. The statement causes me to turn around. I start jabbing my finger in his chest with every word I say, "Listen and listen closely, I don't have a bit of patience or time for your ignorant comments and you" I point to Jungkook. "Don't start problem-" I start to be cut off instantly by him.

"Calm down, babe," If he is trying to get under my skin, it worked.

"Babe? Who do you think that you are? I literally just met you today and you are already being annoying," I yell at him causing him to grab onto my wrist to me towards him and start, "I would suggest you stop yelling before we get in more trouble," He sneers then let's go, making me stumble and drop my cane in the process . I scoff and picked up my belongings.

As I walk into detention, I instantly regret coming. I hear a scoff from the person that hates me the most, Lisa. We were close friends in grade school, with Jaebum, but after the car accident, the school was notified that Jaebum passed away, but they never told them how. I found out she was just nice to me because she liked him. She blamed me and claimed, "I was in the way and I stopped her from confessing to him, but now it's too late".

"Hey, Jungkook," Lisa says cutely, then hugs him. "Hey, Lisa." He replies back, smiling.

"I think I'm going to throw up", I hear Kendra say behind me. "Yeah, she wants every moving thing", I cross my arms. Kendra nods and starts, "What took you so long?" I start explaining what happened. "They're are so cocky, I dislike them with a passion." She emphasizes with her hands. I nod and look at them.

"Take a picture it will last longer," Lisa smirks. I scowl and say, "Uh, I rather not waste my storage." The teacher comes in and tells us to sit down. We frown at each other then go to our seats. I put my head down and fall asleep.

Someone starts shaking me violently. "I'm up," I yell. Kendra starts laughing. I frown at her, "Not funny." She starts laughing harder, clutching her stomach. "It's time to go," she states between her laughter. Sighing, I pick up my stuff and walk outside of the school.

"My mom is outside, do you want a ride," she asks after catching up with me then starts walking beside me. I decline, wanting to be alone.

"Are you sure, you know I don't like you walking alone?" She asks with a worried tone. I assure that I am ok and started walking home

Jaebum and I used to always walk home together.

"Too bad I barely can see it," I look up and smile at the sky then continued on my way.

_________________

Can I get some feedback, please? I want to know your opinions good or bad, some feedback is better than none at all.

Thanks for reading

Follow me on Instagram

spam: Deethespammer

personal: Damiyanamarie