chapter 2 the car ride.

Amy and Ricky had left John in the care of his grandmother, Ricky's Foster mother Margaret. They got in their car and drove to the OBGYN appointment that had been scheduled.

" I hope he's okay. I hope he behaves well for your mom." Amy told Ricky.

Ricky took one of his hands off the steering wheel and put it and Amy hand so that they were intertwined together. " listen, Ames you don't need to worry about things like that right now. All you need to worry about is doing your best to look after that little baby Ivar's in there." Ricky hold her trying to be reassuring.

" yeah, I know but it doesn't mean I don't worry about our little man. By the way I was wondering why was he so upset before we left?" Amy asked her husband.

"John was just upset because we were leaving." Ricky told Amy.

" are you sure that's all that was going on?" Amy ask him.

" well, was also a little bit worried about the baby. he was worried about what might happen after he or she arrives." Ricky explained to Amy.

" so what did you tell him about what will happen after the baby is here?" Amy asked.

" I told him how Mommy and daddy are very proud of him for being so big. I tried to help him do you understand that when the new baby is born Mommy and daddy are going to have to spend a lot of time taking care of him or her." Ricky told Amy.

The look on Amy's face was unreadable. Ricky didn't know if she was happy or upset with him.

" that is okay and that I told John all of that? Isn't it?" Ricky asked his wife.

" Ricky, of course it is! I want you to know that I have complete and total Trust in you you when it comes when it comes to taking care of and making decisions making decisions about our son! Collection our children." Amy corrected herself placing hand on her stomach and rubbed small circles on it.

" I wish I could say the same thing about your mother." Amy spoke.

" what's that supposed to mean?" Ricky asked a little defensive.

" well, I don't know Margaret what is acting like she was practically allergic to me. All I did was show her everything we brought and I went over the specifics of John's new routine including his potty training schedule." She explained.

Ricky sighed. " funny I feel like I'm having deja vu. While you were putting everything we brought for John in my old room my mom said practically the same thing about you." Ricky spoke rolling his eyes and smirking.

" really? She did?" Amy asked a little shocked and Confused.

" she told me that she thought you and I didn't trust her and my dad enough to look after John on their own." Ricky said.

" what? Really? Why on Earth would make Margaret think something like that?" Amy asked.

" oh, I don't know Maybe it had something to do with the fact that you felt the need to not only pack our little boy's whole life into a bag. Not to mention the fact that you went into every little detail about his personality, his likes and dislikes, his nap time routine and his favorite toys." Ricky spoke his voice his voice sounding a little more aggressive then he intended.

" hey! why are you criticizing me?" Amy asked him with both hurt and defense very evident in her voice.

" I'm sorry honey! It's just that I'm really nervous about the appointment today. I want to make sure that everything goes well and that the baby is healthy and perfect. I want to make sure that there's no concerns with either of you and the guards to your health!" Ricky confessed to his wife.

" oh and as for my mom she didn't mean to upset you or I at all! Listen, it's just that even though she has had a lot of experience with a lot of different types of children, every age group from infant to adolescent she has had 0 experience with pregnancy. You, I'm sorry we have to remember that. as much as she is eyewear of all of the changes that takes place in a woman's body during pregnancy she has never experienced that herself. And because of that she can be a little naive about things sometimes. I know what you are going to what you are going to say and yes don't worry I talked to her and explained to her what has been going on with you lately. All of the hormones in the mood swings and the nesting." Ricky told his wife trying to be both reassuring and supportive of her.

" so... what do you want the baby to be?" Amy asked Ricky.

" I don't know, I guess it would be nice if we had a little girl this time around. That means we would have one of each gender. What do you want the baby to be?" Ricky asked Amy.

" I don't know, I thought it would be nice if we had a second little boy. That way John would have hey little brother to play with. Having said that I guess I have only really thought about it that way because I grew up being the oldest of Two Sisters." Amy said admittedly.

" honestly Amy, I don't know about you but I don't really care what did gender how far baby is. at the end of the day all that really matters to me is that our new handsome little prince or our new beautiful little princess is healthy. That's the most important thing when it comes to this whole process. Well, that and of course the health and well-being of their mother." Ricky told his Amy.

" I love you Mr. Ricky Underwood" Amy told her husband.

" I love you too Mrs. Amy Underwood" Ricky told his wife.

They around the corner in their car.

" hey look at that! We're here!" Ricky announced.

" and so we are." Amy spoke in response.

Ricky parked the car and got out of the driver's seat. He went around and opened up the passenger seat of the car. He assisted his wife out of her seat  of the car so is that he could make sure both she and their unborn child were safe.