Chapter 2: A Friend Or A Clean Reputation?

After coming out of the school I was faced with a scene I and society don't particularly like seeing. The "it" clique was bullying someone, the funny thing was smack dab in the middle was the girl who was trying to talk to me earlier. Well, look at that, I was about to move forward to stop them when I realized something. I made a promise not to get involved in anything at school anymore. I got moved solely for the purpose of starting over and right then and there I had a flash of insight of what would happen to me if I helped her. I'd be barbecue and chow for the rabid animals in the woods but, then, I thought of what the girl might've gone through everyday . This happening to her and no one trying to help. Or someone did, once, but something happened and I looked at her, like really looked at her. She looked strong but, I know that could just be a front and when she's alone she'll maybe think about suicide or cutting herself and something happened right then that made me throw all caution to the wind . Right at that moment the girl looked me in the eyes and I saw what I needed to,a girl who was being broken everyday by what those people did to her . "Hey bitches, move away from my friend!" I shouted while walking to the girl but, a guy blocked my path. Ah, it's dipshit! "Well, I didn't think Ms. Goody Two Shoes had another friend ! This is so enlightening! A freak, the little hero and a goody two shoes! What'cha gonna do huh, freak?"

I pretended to not know him. "Who are you again?" He looked pretty shocked by this statement and so did everyone else. I raised my hand though. "Wait, I think I remember . Your name is, dipshit." Everyone's mouths were open, guess no one really stood up to the bullies in this school. "What did you just say?!" "Oh dear, I think we have a student struck with a sickness and I believe the sickness is called idiocy! Now sir, before you infect my friend I believe I should take her away." I pulled the nerd up to her feet, looked at them all and saluted them. "I know the disease has spread and I can only take one back to the quarantine zone. I'm sorry about that but, hey! At least you have each other. Anyways,I'll see you another time, dipshit!" I said while walking away. "Yeah, call me an idiot but, you'll always be a freak that wears checkered gloves! Freak!" He spat.

After turning the corner, I turned to look at the girl. "Well, I never got to introduce myself so, here goes! My name's Razzle Morae but, you can just call me Raz or whatever you want as long as the nickname isn't ugly . My last name's pronounced mo-ray though , by the way and I'm your new friend!"

"Um,my name's Cilia Cecia, you can call me Cici or you know , whatever you want. Thanks, for helping me back there but, I don't think you should've ."

"Hm, if it's the bullies, I don't mind! I'm too macho for them to take out anyways, you know?" I said while holding out my arm in a macho gesture.

"No, I don't know and my other friend said that too and now she avoids me just like the others."

"Well, then, if you don't mind me saying, she was never a real friend if she left just because of that."

"You don't understand! They'll hurt you every chance they get!"

"Mhm, well, I gotta go Cici see ya tomorrow!"

"Razzle!Please, don't just ignore my warning!"

"Cici, I told you I was your friend, right? I for one believe friends are people you can count on not to leave you no matter what and I can take care of myself , y'know?"

She huffed and looked me in the eye. "I hope nothing happens to you then and don't say I didn't warn you when the bullies start bullying you too."

"That's alright well, see ya!"

After my long trek home, I looked around and I guess , felt lonely. I haven't felt like this in a long time, not since the day my parents left. I sighed and heated a bowl of soup, remembering my family before everything happened. How we all used to eat together and travel . Enough, I need to focus on the present because the past can't help me now. I ate , changed clothes , went straight to bed and slept like a log. My day was interesting so far but, I wonder what will happen tomorrow.