Scroll One

The silence woke her.

She does not remember when she fell asleep or what she was doing before. She slowly got up from the tatami floor,her kimono rustles as she does and her dark chestnut silky locks fell over her shoulders.

Ah, she forgot to slide the door close giving access to the view of the backyard; the night has fell with full moon's bright light shone upon her dark room,illuminates every corner of it. She shifted closer to the edge of the door which separates her room and the veranda; looking up at the moon she is somehow fortunate enough to see the full mode tonight. However, it looks so lonely.

The gentle wind blew nipping through her exposed skin that felt cold, it is in the middle of Spring after all where the sakura petals sways and flew around and about 'till it lands on the ground soundlessly.

Now that the silence allows her mind to think, her mind could not help but to wander to the very same grievous place again where she feels very much alone in this world, unneeded, desolated from any social occurrences even when she wanted to.
She ignore the faint joyous crowds cheering somewhere in this house-it is a Red-light district after all and thankfully it is not her shift yet to return to work.

Arisa looks up at the moon once again,mesmerizing it while she had the chance to; it is after all,her only friend.

If it is one thing what makes Arisa happy is whenever morning came and after her duty, was school.Even though being a maiko apprentice herself surprising enough she was given the chance to study and learn regardless how abominable her Mother be insisting she should not but in the end with the help of the other Geishas in the house being persuasive, she is allowed.

She started school at a late age but manage to catches up and cover most of the subject with her own effort-reading books whenever she had the smallest free time even during her work.Without so much minding whatever rumours about her wander from mouth to ears but she is here to only learn and whatever knowledge she can get she must remember.

Her happiest moment only lasted for a few hours when school ended and students have to get back home;for her, is getting back to her prison. She sigh as she stroll through the busy town in the middle of Kyōto, one of the highest point japan's traders are happening with foreigners.

"You stole them,didn't you!?"

She whipped her head around to see a ruckus made by a grumpy looking old man,fierce eyes glaring at a child in his hands who he lifted up by the collar of his yukata,

"I-i'm sorry! I swear i won't do it again!" The poor boy pleaded with bubbles of tears stinging the corner of his tired eyes. She studies his attire, stained with dirt and even left with holes being patched up with a totally different pattern cloth sloppily that is when she knew what is going on.