Chapter 3: A Kiss on the Cheek?!

"So what did Ik-Soo want to talk about?" Hak asked Yona whilst she was helping him wash the weapons.

"Just informing me to ask her to join our ally and telling me to never leaving her side." Yona answered.

"I see. I can tell there's something bothering you though, what is it?" Hak asked concerned about Yona, but she just sat there in silent not knowing whether or not to tell Hak about it. She didn't want him to risk himself since Ik-Soo mentioned his fear about something bad happening between her and the black dragon.

"Princess." Hak said placing his hand on her shoulder and when she looked up to face him, he pulled her into a hug. Yona was shocked by his sudden action but for some reason she felt very comfortable being in his arms. It's as if he's reassuring her that he will keep her safe.

"Please tell me what it is. If it is dangerous, I cannot allow you to get hurt and unprotected." Hak whispered in Yona's ears. Yona instantly blushed but nodded her head. She couldn't let Hak worry and she knew Hak wouldn't leave her side.

"Hak." Yona said softly.

"Yes." Hak responded.

"If you are going to protect me, I'll let you but in one condition." Yona said. This startled Hak a bit. He looked at her face filled with uneasiness.

"You have to let me protect you too." Yona said firmly. Hak was shocked at her request and couldn't let her do that.

"Hak, I don't want you to die. You've done so much for me and even motivated me to become a better, stronger and fearless person. Let me be the one for you to call whenever you're in danger. Let me protect you too." Yona added. Hak was speechless, he didn't know what to say. But he made a promise with her father that he would be her bodyguard and protect her at all times but it has been years since her fathers death. And throughout the journey, he's seen her grown out of her princess character and into a powerful lady. He sighed.

"I suppose I can let you do that but don't force yourself if you're scared ok?" Hak said looking into her eyes. Yona nodded.

"Hak." Yona said. Hak was about to respond but was startled by Yona's sudden action, a kiss on his cheek. He blushed furiously and was caught off guard.

"What's wrong, Hak?" Yona asked tilting her head slightly.

"N-nothing. Did you know what you just did?" Hak responded hesitantly. Then, it hit her. She unconsciously kissed his cheek. Blushing furiously, she quickly and embarrassingly told Hak she will see if Yoon needs help and with that she ran off.

What am I doing? She thought. Why did I do that.

"Yoon!" Yona called out.

"Oh, Yona. What's wrong?" Yoon said looking at the flustered red head.

"N-nothing. Do you need help?" Yona asked. Yoon nodded his head slowly. He was about to ask her what happened but decided to let it slide.

"Well, I do need help preparing some medical stuff." Yoon said scratching his head, trying to find something for Yona to do.

"Ok. That's alright with me." Yona said quickly before she could let Yoon reject her offer to help him.

"Oh ok, well can you help me grind these herbal leaves." Yoon said pointing at the bowl with a grind stone inside and beside it were some herbal leaves.

"Ok, I got it, Yoon." Yona said and dashed off to her station to grind the herbal leaves. Yoon sighed at her weird reaction but shook it off.

I hope Yoon didn't notice I was flustered, Yona thought. I hope he didn't suspect anything. But lately, ever since our escape from the kingdom, I've slowly felt more and somewhat attracted to Hak. We've spent a lot of time together and everytime we were alone, my heart would always beat furiously. Maybe I do like him. Wait, this isn't the time to think about this stuff. I'll think about it after we rescue the fifth dragon. Yona shook her head and continued with her work.