Chapter 1

"Come on, hurry up, we only have an hour and a half to get food before our next show!" My best friend Laura said.

"Yeah yeah I know, I'm going as fast as I can!" I said trying to collapse my huge bassoon. I wanted to be on the stage for this production of West Side Story but I discovered I was too shy to put myself in an acting or even just a singing role, so I didn't audition. I'm lucky my instrument is used in the pit orchestra and it's a really fun part, so thank you Leonard Bernstein!

I zipped up my case once the long stick was finally in there. "There! I'm done! Let's go!" I exclaimed as I jumped up and grabbed my wallet, car keys, and phone.

I drove both of us to my favorite restaurant of all times. It was a cute and local Mediterranean place called the Pita House. Since it didn't have a drive thru, we had to go in and sit and wait for our food. This was probably not the best for my anxiety about going back to the theater on time but it's worth it for this yummy food.

Since it was a place where customers seat themselves, we walked in to the barren restaurant and sat by the far windows of the restaurant. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 1 in the afternoon. No wonder there aren't too many people, not only is it a Thursday but it's past most people's lunch break.

Just as soon as we sat down across from each other, our waiter came by. My heart skipped a beat as the waiter stood over us. I don't usually get tongue tied and hypnotized over a cute guy but I guess today was the day.

"Melony! Earth to Melony!" Laura sang as she kicked me under the table. Crap! I've been staring at him. Probably more like glaring because I am one of those people who have a resting bitch face. What happened? How long have I been out?

"What?!" I said angrily while rubbing my now injured shin. With that one word, I was hoping to look like I was here in this conversation this whole time. If that didn't convince them I added, "Water please" while looking back at the guy in front of our table. That was a bad idea because who knew I could get captivated by his hazel brown eyes behind his cute square black glasses and his sweet small smile. I snapped back to look at my friend before I could get hypnotized again.

For some reason she started giggling. What did I do this time? I looked at her confused. "He asked us if we came from the musical the high school is putting on," Laura explained. I felt my face flush and the room started getting extremely hot. She looked up on him and realizing that I was embarrassed she said, "But now that we are on that topic, I would like some water too please!"

"Okay," the waiter said and he walked away looking a little confused and creeped out by the two weirdest girls in front of him.

A few minutes later he came back with two glasses full of water. He placed the glasses in front of us on the table. "Do you know what you want to eat?" The waiter asked kindly like he has said that a million times before, which he probably had.

"Yes. Can we get a big dish of pita chips and hummus?" I asked. Every time my family goes here, we always get the same things with a side of their homemade chips and humus. As soon as he nodded and wrote it down, I moved on, "and I would like the a regular sized Greek veggie pita." This seems like the first time I spoke normally since coming to this restaurant,probably because I've been here so often that I have my order memorized.

The waiter walked away as soon he wrote down Laura's order too. My friend and I sat there for about 10 ten minutes talking before the delicious food was in front of us.

"Have a good meal!" The boy exclaimed.

Me being an idiot had to respond with, "thanks you too!" As soon as I said it I immediately tried to back track to fix it but it didn't help and the waiter in the end just chuckled and walked away.

I rolled my eyes in embarrassment as Laura laughed at me and we dug into our plates.

____________________________________
If you like the story so far, please vote, comment, and share! Also, I'm trying to get better at writing so please don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve. If you weren't really into this first chapter, bare with me, we'll go through this journey together. I promise you, the plot and my writing will get better as the story continues. I have a really thick and juicy plot for this whole story that can only get better as we go through the adventure. Again, please comment all of your thoughts: criticism, things you liked, things you didn't like, comments, concerns, etc.

If you support me by doing anything I listed above, I will support you by reading and possibly voting for your stories (and if you want me to, I will comment my critiques and what I enjoyed as well).