Final Ride: Part Three

"Hey there." Someone said making me turn to him startled, "Um, hi." I said getting a good look at the teen, he had raven black hair that split off into three different parts, the first part was covering his left side of his face and the second part of his hair was brushed over his left side of his hair, and the third part was a long chunk of hair that went up and down his right side of his face. He had on a black shirt with a lightning bolt striking through a V and had on the fingerless purple gloves I had seen at Vanguard tournaments, "You're new here aren't you?" He asked making me nod my head slightly, "Okay, do you know how to play?" He asked leaning over the desk and resting on his arms, "No I don't." I told him making him look at me like I was an alien, "You're not serious are you?" He said standing back up, "I'm dead serious." I told him once more. He just stood there surprised for a second before stepping aside and pulling out a deck with with a card named Blond Ezel on the front, "Um, what are you doing?" I asked him while watching as he stepped out from behind the counter, "Teaching you how to Cardfight."

That memory clicked in my head, it was the first time I had ever met my best friend/kinda brother, Edge Reyuki. I smiled and the light around me grew brighter while the darkness retreated.

"Come on Star! You're our friend as well! We've known you for almost a year now and you've got to remember me!" Another disembodied voice yelled out, it was a female and for some reason it sounded familiar. I closed my eyes once more and tried to remember.

I looked over to my side to see a familiar pink haired female looking at her deck, "Hey there." I said shyly grabbing her attention, "Hey, you're that boy from yesterday. Nice job beating Edge." She said looking up at me, "Thanks a lot, it sure wasn't easy. He's a lot more better than he looks." I said looking over to the pro card fighter called Edge, "Yeah it sure isn't, that just makes your victory more exciting."

"I was sure I was going to lose. Speaking of which I never got your name?" I asked her with a slight blush on my face, "My name's Cassandra but most of my friends call me Cass, you're Star right?"

Right, the entertainment cardfighter and my personal rival Cassandra Mystolic. Did she really want to see me again that bad? I put them through so much trouble, maybe they did want to see me again, that would be a thought. I smiled again.

"Star! Don't you dare forget about me as well! You still owe me a rematch and I will never take no for an answer! Not until I beat you!" A young, child like voice yelled at me. For some reason that hostility seemed nice to me, who was he again?

Ralph turned out to be from the junior school nearby, he was two feet smaller than me and had brown hair that was on the edge of being red and hazel eyes. Ralph and I were all ready to fight and we even had a small group watching our fight, "So you're Star? I've never seen you here before are you new?" Ralph asked making me give him a small nod, "Well then I'm going to enjoy destroying you." He said giving me a cocky smile, "Let's just let the cards do the talking." We drew our hands and stood up the vanguard, "Stand up Vanguard!" We both shouted.

Ah right, he was none other than Ralph. I should've guessed because of the fire in his voice, I'm not even surprised that he's out there wanting a rematch, I laughed at that fact.

"I know you probably don't even want to speak to me, but I'm sorry about what happened in the past because of me. I was inconsiderate and evil because I was raised that way, but I do owe you kid so please come back to them." The voice was another female, but this time it was more grown up and it sounded like she was crying.

My classmate fell on the ground and the group of bullies were laughing at her, "Look at her, you'd think being his sister would make her strong but she's just pathetic." They all laughed as my classmate struggled to contain her tears, they even went so far as to smack and kick her to the ground, "How about you pick on someone your own size?" I said grabbing their attention, "Who are you?" The biggest one said slowly walking up to me trying to be threatening, "My name's Star but I'm not here to exchange names." I told her as she stopped in front of me looking down at my smaller figure. She had short brown hair that was brushed over to one side and had cold winter white eyes, she had on a letter jacket that had our school color and symbol on it, "So you're from Xenon?" I asked her making her get a toothy grin and put her hands on her hips, "Sure am, I'm guessing you're also from Xenon?"