Chapter 6 "New Home?":

Clem's POV:
I took a quick look around as some stuff looked torn up and yet some stuff looked untouched. I took a close look at the bookcase and saw books like Hatchet, The Hunger Games, and Middle School: The Worst Years Of My Life. I snickered at that last title because it was kind of a funny one. But then I felt bad because I never got the chance to go to middle school since I was only in elementary school when this whole world went to shit and the walker arrived. I then began to think about if the world didn't go to shit and it just stayed the same. As much as I wish it didn't end, I don't regret it happening. I mean as much as I miss my parents, if the world never went to hell I would've never met Lee, Kenny, AJ, and... Gabe. I still think about him sometimes especially in moments like these where I'm surrounded by kids my own age. I missed that dork so much and would give anything to see him again.
"Hello there!" I heard a feminine voice yellow to me as I quickly turned around to see a blond haired girl a little younger than me. Probably by at least two years. "Oh hi there." I simply answered back is the girl got closer to me. "Huh, I don't really recognize you." She said. "Well I just got here so I'm kind of new. So I guess there is no way you could've recognize me." I told her as she folded her arms at me. "Your new here, huh? Well what's your name then?" She asked me. "My name is Clementine. And you are?" I then asked her matching her attitude. "The name is Violet. So what exactly are you doing here, Clementine?" She asked me. "I'm just here because I lost someone. His name is AJ and I was told he was brought here for safety." I told her as she began to lighten up a bit. "Oh shit, you're the girl in the car with the boy. I apologize." She said as I replied, "Hey it's OK I understand." "So where is he then?" I then asked her and she unfolded her arms. "Oh he's upstairs in the library room. I expect that he's waiting for you." She answered my question. "Oh thank you so much. I appreciate the help Violet." I said as I begin to walk upstairs. "No problem. See you later Clementine." She said before walking outside as I continue to walk towards the library to get AJ.
I walked down the dark hallway as I saw light coming from the end of it. As I walked towards the sunset lit room, I passed by a few other doorways including one that read, "Youth Service." As I approached the lit room I saw a huge painting over the fire place that showed an old man and his dog. I'm guessing that was Marlons father since he kind of looked like him a little bit. It didn't take me long to see AJ as he was staring at the painting just like I was. I leaned on the doorway and smiled as I said, "AJ." He quickly turned around from surprise and yelled out, "CLEM!!!" He then bolted towards me as I did the same towards him as we then hugged each other tightly. "I thought I lost you. I thought... I thought you were...." AJ said crying a little. "It's ok, goofball. I'm fine. I'm just glad that your ok." I said as we let go of each other and I put my hand on his shoulder while still staying at his eye level and smiling. "I told you I don't like goofball." He joked as I just giggled and said, "Yeah I know, goofball. That's why I'm gonna keep calling you that. Goofball! Goofball! Goofball!" I joked back as I tickled him a little as well. "Clem!!!Sto... Stop it!!!!" AJ said giggling like crack from my tickles. I then stopped as he then asked me, "What happened to your head?" "AJ you were in the car accident with me. You of all people should have known what happened." I said as we then both started giggling.
"Wow. You two are just so adorable." We then heard a voice behind us say as we both looked at the doorway to see Marlon and... Louis. "Thanks I guess." I said holding AJ close to me. "Well, it's going to be dark soon. You two shouldn't be out there alone at night. You two should get some sleep here. Even though you could stay with us here at the boarding school if you'd like." Marlon said while Louis was giving me a flirty look. "Yeah that would actually be great. Thank you." I said as Marlon then motioned for us to follow him as we then began to leave the library. I looked back to see Louis still in the doorway looking directly at me and blowing a kiss at me. I just rolled my eyes and pretended to grab it which made him smile. I then pretended to throw it on the ground and step on it which made his smile disappear as AJ and I continued to follow Marlon. He gave us keys to our room as he said goodnight and left us in front of our rooms door. I then opened the door to see that it looked kind of nice. Not perfect but to be honest nothing is perfect on this earth anymore. AJ just shot right past me as he went straight towards the bunkbed. "Wow!! This place is so cool!" AJ exclaimed as he got on the bottom bunk and lied back. "Yeah it not that bad of a place to sleep to be blunt." I said as I then closed the door behind me and looked around. "Can we stay here?" AJ asked as I sat down next to him. "I don't know buddy. Maybe." I answered as AJ was now giving me a disappointed and kind of angry look. "You say that wherever we go." He said giving me attitude. "Hey do not raise your voice at me, kiddo. It's just hard to trust people sometimes. I know this from the experience. Places change and so do people." I said as AJ just looked more upset. "How can you not trust them?! They saved our lives, Clem." AJ argued. "Because if I've learned anything since this outbreak started it's that people can change on a flip of a coin. Everyone I've ever trusted has either betrayed me or died. Except for you." I argued back. "Clem, look at this place. It's got food, water, supplies, and everything we need. And it's got people. We finally find other people and you just want to throw that away?!" He said as he was actually making a good point. "I want to feel safe. I want to have friends my own age. I want... a home." AJ said as he went from angry to sad. "AJ I...." I tried to say as he then interrupted me and said, "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Clem." I let out a huge sigh and said, "Ok. Goodnight AJ." I then climbed the ladder to get on the top bunk as I lied down and just stared at the ceiling thinking of what AJ had said. Should we stay here? Should we make this place our new home? Can we trust them? These were the questions I thought in my head until I decided to sleep on it and I passed out not too long after.