eighteen

eighteen//

"I'm glad you guys are finally together," Calum smiled as I cuddled into Michael's side, tiredly watching the movie flash across the TV screen.

"I am too," Michael commented, playing with my hair gently, twisting and braiding the stands.

"Me third," I mumbled, yawning at the end if my statement.

"We should get to bed," Michael said, looking at his phone.

"Are we sleeping down here?" Luke asked tiredly. We didn't even know he was awake.

"No, unless you want to be woken up at 6 am," Michael laughed, standing up and pulling me with him.

"We'll sleep in my room," he said. "Cal, can you bring Ashton up? Luke, come on."

Luke and I trudged behind Michael while Calum dragged a sleeping Ashton behind up.

We went upstairs quietly and all piled into Michael's room.

He pulled me onto the bed and tucked me under the covers. Ashton and Luke were given a pillow and blanket on the floor.

Michael crawled under the covers next to me and pulled me into his chest instantly, cuddling me close.

Calum slept on the end of the bed with a blanket - like a dog.

"Goodnight," Michael said tiredly.

"Goodnight," Calum muttered.

I kissed Mikey's nose and smiled at him, "Love you."

"Love you, too," he whispered, quietly, kissing my forehead before tucking my head under his chin.

-

"Michael, we get that you love her..." The sound of Michael's mom was what I woke up to. I kept my eyes shut, pretending to be asleep, just listening to the quiet scolding.

"But you guys can't just sleep in the same bed. I mean you've been dating for a day," his dad said.

"We weren't gonna do anything! We were just sleeping next to each other. The other boys were here."

"Michael, still. We know you're a bit..."

"Horny," his dad spit angrily. "All the time. Son, I love you. But I don't want a grand kid yet."

"Yeah, I may be like that. But she's not."

"Every kid your age is."

"No..." he muttered. "She isn't. Look, I can't tell you the whole story because it's really personal to her. But she's..."

He hesitated, not wanting to say it. I was fine with him telling his parents - not the whole story. But I was fine with him telling then I got screwed over and was scared to have sex right now.

"Some guy at her old school in America pretty much ruined her life. He did a lot of bad things to her and tricked her and told a lot of rumours. And ever since then, she's been scared of...of..."

"Intimacy?" his mom suggested.

He nodded, "Yes. Like anything past making out a little she stops and tells me she isn't ready. Which I respect, of course. But, for a probably long time, we won't be doing anything. And I'm fine with that because I love her."

"Okay..." his mom said. "Sorry we flipped out on you."

"It's fine," he shrugged.

"You kids don't get into any trouble today, alright?" his dad said.

"We won't," Michael said. "Have a good day."

"You too, sweetie. Love you."

"Love you."

"Love you, too."

I heard the door click and Michael shuffled closer to me in bed again, wrapping his arms around me and falling back asleep.

-

“Guys, get up,” a voice said, shaking us roughly.

“Fuck off,” Michael muttered, smacking their arm and then returning it to wrap around my waist, snuggling into me.

I looked up and saw Luke smiling down at us.

“Your boyfriend is pathetic,” he teased, poking Michael’s back.

“Mm, I know,” I giggled, trying to wiggle free from his grasp. He wouldn’t budge.

“Michael, get your ass up,” I said, flicking his forehead with my thumb and middle finger. Ashton and Calum were slowing getting up behind Luke.

“Mikey, get up,” I said.

“Fine,” he mumbled. “But one of you guys has to make me breakfast.”

“That’s why we’re waking you up, dumbass,” Calum said. “We’re going to get breakfast.”