thirty four

"So tell me about your forty minutes in jail? Any tattoos? Piercings? Did you cheat on Cody and have lesbian sex with bank robbers?" Chris asks, grabbing my arm and holding it up, inspecting for any signs of ink.

I slap Chris and roll my eyes, but I can't help but laugh. "No it wasn't some Orange is the New Black type of shit you dumbass."

I chuckle as he puts his hand to his mouth and acts offended. "You're really going to be rude to me right now Emberly? I literally just bailed you out of jail."

I move his arm and hug him. "I know, thank you for that by the way."

"You know as well as I do that Cody would kill me if I left you in there."

I let out a small laugh and nod. "Yeah he would, the boy's protective."

Chris rolls his eyes and chuckles, "Oh you don't even know the half of it. He used some app on his phone to check up on you through his parent's home security system while you two were apart."

I never knew that, but it didn't surprise me. It defiantly something Cody would do. He's crazy protective, but I love it. When I'm with Cody I feel safe; I feel at home.

"So there's something that I have to tell you," Chris interrupts my thoughts, opening the door that led us out of the long hallway we were in and into a smaller lobby type room. "You have to promise not to freak out."

"I promise," I say nonchalantly before instantly growing concerned at what I had just agreed to. "Wait, is this a good or bad thing?"

Chris sets his hand on the tall door handle, "I can guarantee that you will love it."

Before I can respond Chris opens the door, and by the time I saw what was outside waiting for me I was speechless.

I sprint down the cement steps and into Cody's open arms. He spins me around once before setting me down in front of him.

As soon as my feet hit the ground, Cody presses his lips against mine. I could have kissed him forever; I only stopped when I heard the rest of the Bellinger family let out a series of 'awhhs.'

I let out a soft laugh, turning towards them and shaking my head at the group. All of them except for Chris fangirling over Cody and I's reunion.

"Really?" Chris asks, raising his eyebrows at them. "That stuff still gets to you? They're a living TV couple; they do this stuff all the time."

Everyone laughs, and for the first time in what seems like forever, everything feels normal.

"How are you out?" I ask, hitting him softly in the stomach. I'm still in shock that Cody's actually standing here in front of me.

"They're letting me stay out until my first hearing. Ballplayer perks I guess." The small smile he wore on his face was making me melt.

"Oh my gosh! You're on some OJ Simpson type shit!" I squeal, referring to Cody and I's favorite show to watch on Netflix. (The People vs. OJ Simpson if you didn't catch on to that.)

What I said was enough to make everyone laugh. "You're too much," Cody jokes, taking my hand and spinning me once before walking us in the direction of Chris's Hummer. Before everyone starts following after us, Cody leans down and whispers in my ear, "We have dinner plans with my family tonight, but tomorrow you're all mine."

My cheeks get red, and I don't look back because my flushed face would give a hint to Chris and the rest of the Bellingers as to what Cody was whispering to me.

We break off into separate groups; Jen, Clay, Cole, and Ashli in one car and Chris, Cody and me in the other.

I let go of Cody's hand and run towards Chris. Using all my momentum, I leap forward and onto Chris's back. As soon as I latch on, he takes off in a full sprint.