four

Keenon

I stood in the shower letting the water fall over me. I had been home for a few hours and I be damn if I would ever go back to a place like that again. I might've been in the streets before all this and young me wasn't worried about no jail, hell i'd probably shoot at the police. But now that's not for me. I needed to get back on my feet, get my family back on their feet.

My thoughts was interrupted by Khia bursting into the bathroom doing whatever she had to do, just like old times. She never knocked. Being away had me wonder what she's done while I was away. I tried not to think the worst but of course I did because even when I wasn't locked up she cheated, but I trust she was a good wife and stayed celibate. I chuckled to myself forgetting she was in the bathroom.

"What's so funny?"

I turned off the shower stepping out and she looked at me from the mirror and I realized I haven't gave her the proper greeting cause whenever we were leaving court of course cameras flooded the place. I grabbed my towel wrapping it around my waist and motioned for her to come closer.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

"Did you tell Penny I was home yet?"

"No, she's taking exams this week and I can't pull her from class. I'm sure she'll see it online or something whenever testing is over."  I rubbed my hands down her sides and she breathed out slowly.

"It's okay, everything gonna get back on track."

"I have faith in you Keenon, I do. But how? Were getting older, some of the savings we towards the attorney-"

"Khia, you gonna stand here and whine or are you gonna go in there and make my first real home meal."

She giggled and I kissed her forehead. I moved out of the bathroom to my dresser draws and everything had been the same way I left it. I pulled out some basketball shorts saying fuck the draws I can free-ball for awhile and I collapsed in the bed. I sniffed the sheets and they smelled like Khia, then I started drifting to sleep.

-

Khia

"Yeah girl, back to normal I guess."

"I'm so glad he beat the case."

"You? Chile, me. He got me cooking now and Im guessing he's sleeping. I haven't heard him in awhile."

"That's so good, wow."

"How's Houston?"

"Hotter then a monkey ass, I don't understand why it's so hot."

"I heard it's beautiful there, you know me. I haven't traveled much lately."

"Which is why, I'm setting up a girls trip when I get back!"

"Girl's trip? To where?"

"Atlanta honey, It's gonna be me, you, and two other girls I know, and don't worry they nice. I wouldn't put you around no fishy bitches."

"Hmm, I don't know Layla. Keenon just got home, were trying to figure out our finances."

"And I know that, which is why were all gonna meet together one day, sit and talk it out."

"Alright, well I know you not gonna let me stay in LA and miss this girls trip. So I'm down."

"GREAT bitch! Hey, I have to go, the contractor is here."

"Okay bye, i'll text you."

"Alright bye girl."

I laughed to myself and sat my phone down turning off the stove because the food was done and since he was sleeping I didn't want to wake up, he'll just come eat whenever he felt like it. I looked at the clock and it was only 1 in the afternoon and honestly I didn't know what to do with myself. I shrugged and decided to go take a nap until Penny got home because I knew it would be nonstop screaming of excitement when she found out her dad was home.

I slipped off my shorts and slid in the bed beside Keenon. It felt good. He turned over still half sleep and pulled me against him and I sniffed in his scent and closed my eyes. Damn did I miss this.