Play Pretend

When I was a little girl, I was happy and sweet, and in love. Yes, I know.. I was only seven years old. But, I mean, c'mon!? Who hasn't ever had a crush on their best friend? He had beautiful white-silver eyes, and blonde hair.

He was nine. I don't remember his name though... The night of the accident, I had been in a rage. I had broken everything in sight. He had come over to my house, trying to console me... and one minute, I was there... the next I was gone. That's all I remember... Ever since then, he had been in the back of my memory, and I had never seen him again.

Then I started going to school in this strange, foreign, town. It stormed all year round, there were marigolds and scarlet roses growing in the moss, and there was always a thin layer of frost on the ground, every morning. The forest shrubbery was the best. It was so thick. It was the best place to hide, because nobody would ever look for me there. There.. I could play pretend. My mom and dad were still together, happy.
My sister, safe, and at home.
And Breaking Dawn? She was just waiting for me to leap without looking, just trusting her, to sail over the next jump. I missed them all so much. I couldn't deny my feelings. My feelings were all I had left in this new, cold, harsh reality.

The people who take care of me at the group home, walk around me carefully, as if I am a fragile piece of glass, that they are afraid will break at any moment. But they're wrong.. I'm already broken. And I probably always will be.

--------------------------------------------
Koda's POV

She couldn't see me. I sighed in relief. Just what was drawing me to this beautiful girl? I can already tell we have chemistry together, and history too... I know her... somehow..
I look back at Bella, and notice that she's drawing. I don't know what she's drawing, and I don't really care, but here's what I do know. She comes here to play pretend.

Just like me.