The Baby Boom

TIFFANYS POV

"Damien, please say something

"Damien, please say something." Tiffany said while lightly crying. I had just told him that I went to the doctors and found out that I was 3 months pregnant. He is just sitting there looking shocked, not saying anything with a unreadable expression on his face.

"DAMIEN" I half yell snapping him back to reality.

"Yeah babe?" Damien says lowly.

"Say something, anything, what are we going to do, i'm only 17, i'm scared" I say crying.

"Maybe you took the test wrong, do it again" Damien finally says.

"The test is idiot proof, you cant take it wrong Damien, besides the doctor did a sonogram. I'm definitely pregnant" I tell him.

Again, Damien is just sitting there, this time with his head in his hands, while he runs his hands through his waves. So many things are running through my mind. What if he doesn't want to keep our baby? Will I be forced to raise this kid alone? Dammit! I say to myself.

"Well i wanna keep it" I say breaking the silence between us. Being a mother is something i never even considered happening at this point in my life. I'm 17 and still in high school. But knowing that I have a chance to be a better mother to my son or daughter makes me smile on the inside. My mom was never around much when I was growing up. She always would leave for months at a time, and leave me with my grandmother, while she went out and lived her life. Eventually my grandmother got tired of my mom being in and out of my life and she asked my mom to sign her parental rights over, and she got  custody of me. I ain't seen that woman since I was 9 years old. Last I heard, she had left Seattle, and moved to Florida, with some rich old guy.

"I got a lot to think about. I don't even know if I want to be a dad." Damien admits, shocking the hell out of me, pissing me off.

"what do you mean you don't know if you want to be a dad? Am i supposed to raise this baby by myself?" I yell at him, with tears in my eyes.

"Man I gotta go. I will call you later" Damien says, and walks out the front door, and drives away.

I cant believe his ass just left me here, talking about he don't know if he wants to be a dad. God knows i don't want to be a single mom. But I do know that I will love this baby , and wether Damien is around or not, i will have my baby.

**********************************************

DAMIEN'S POV

Its been two weeks since I've seen Tiffany, i need to call her so we can talk

Its been two weeks since I've seen Tiffany, i need to call her so we can talk. I got a lot on my mind that i need to say to her.

RING RING

"Hello" Tiffany answers her phone annoyed.

"What you doing" I ask her.

"I'm walking home from school right now, what do you want" She says with a attitude.

"Look, I was calling you so we could meet up, and talk, we have a lot to talk about" I finally admit.

"Ok, well I will be home in 10 minutes, you can come pick me up" Tiffany says, and hangs up the phone, not waiting on my response.

Fifteen minutes later I call her and tells her that I am outside her house. A few minutes later, Tiffany walks out the house, I can see her growing baby bump, and can't help but to think that she looks very beautiful pregnant. I hit the unlock button to the door so she can get in the truck.

"You look very beautiful today" I say to her. Tiffany doesn't say anything back, she is clearly very pissed with me for going missing on her for these past two weeks.

"Please put your seat belt on" I tell her. After Tiffany puts her seat belt on, I back out of the driveway, and head to a popular steak house in Seattle.

The drive to the steakhouse is very awkward. Tiffany isn't saying anything, shes just playing on her phone. Once we arrive, we are seated in a booth, and the waitress takes our drink orders. I order a sprite, and Tiffany orders a sweet tea with lemon. The waitress passes us each a menu and says she will be right back with our drinks.

"So how you been" I say breaking the silence between us.

"I've been great, you should be asking how your baby doing" Tiffany snaps

"Look Tiffany, I just want to start off by saying i'm very sorry for not checking up on you and the baby these past two weeks. I was stressed out, and i had a lot to think about. Finding out that I'm going to be a dad is big news, and its scary. When you first told me that, I didn't know what to think, or say. " I say in one breath, it feels so good to finally get that off my chest. I've been holding that in for two weeks.

Tiffany is just sitting there playing with her nails, looking down at the table. Not saying anything. I know she heard me, so she's probably ignoring me, thinking i'm full of shit. She finally looks up, and I notice she has tears in her eyes. Damn, what did i say to make her cry. I'm just trying to be honest with her. I was scared. I reach across the table to wipe her tears, but she pushes my hand away.

"Don't touch me" She snaps.

"Baby i'm sorry, i know i wasn't there for you these past two weeks, but i'm here now" I tell her. sounding so sincere.

"You think your sorry ass apology will make me feel better? Well it doesn't. Its been TWO DAMN WEEKS DAMIEN! TWO WEEKS!" she screams while sniffling.

"I cried myself to sleep every night thinking I was going to have to raise this baby alone, with no father. I was scared too. But you left me when i needed you the most Damien, that shit hurts. We could have been scared together". she says.

I'm just glad she lowered her voice, people were starting to look at us, and i didn't want all these high class folks hearing our business, or me being cursed out.

"You think I wasn't scared, finding out I'm pregnant at 17? I was terrified. All I wanted from you was to tell me that we would get through this together, and that everything would be ok. But no, you left and didn't even look back. You coward." She say's finally taking a breath. She said that like she's been waiting to say that for a while now. I mean I can't really be mad at her, she's right. I was dead ass wrong.

"Tiffany baby, I'm here now. We will get through this together. I wanna be there for you and our baby. I want us to be a family. I know i was wrong, and I had some things to think about, but my mind is very clear now. I want us baby. I want to go to every doctors appointment with you, and even be there to hold your hand when its time for the baby to come." I get up, and walk over to her side of the booth with her. I sit down, and I wrap my arms around her, and hug her so tight, while she cries on my brand new white T- Shirt. Once the waitress comes, I order us both the same thing, and Tiffany goes to the bathroom to wash her face.

I'm so glad i got that off my chest. It looks like all is forgiven. Lets hope so, because I can't let Tiffany be a single mother, that's my child too. We sit and we talk about the baby, and just catch up on the past two weeks. I want a boy and she wants a girl. I really don't care as long as the baby is healthy. She tells me she has an appointment next week for another check up. And I let her know that I'll pick her up from school and I'll go with her for the appointment. I want to be there for my family.

So what do you think guys? Are you into the story? Give me constructive criticism, i take it very well. It's my first time ever writing so talk to me nice. Lol Bye.