Shorty Got A Thug

PROLOGUE

Have you ever loved anyone or anything so damn much that you risked your life to hold on to them or it? I'm talking about the type of love that gets deep down into your soul and won't allow you to think straight or to move on; the kind of love that can lift you up so high or push you down real low.

Brazen, the man I love with every dang fiber in my body is a nigga who loves the streets and the hustle so much that he can't let go. Not even when the game does him dirty.

Me, I'm Niesha, Brazen's wifey. And my dumb ass is so gone over that man I swear I must be blinded by his swag! Even when he lies to me and breaks my heart, I don't let him go. Sometimes common sense tells me to RUN but my legs won't move. It's like Brazen has me under a spell.

In spite of all the ups and downs, I know Brazen loves me. That is why I'm still with him, hoping like a fool that I'll be able to get him out of the streets. Only time will tell, right? Well here's our story . . .

CHAPTER 1

BRAZEN

I'm only two days home from doing a three year prison bid and already I'm dying to get my hustle on. Pumpin' drugs ain't the only thing a nigga can do but it's the life that I love. That's something Niesha can't seem to understand. "Brazen, I'ma wait for you faithfully, again," she emphasized while I was locked up for the third time since we've been together. "But, boy if you come home on the same BS that put you behind bars I swear on my unborn children that I will walk away from you and never look back. I am so tired of making these long drives to see you and having to go through all the hassles. For real, Brazen, this doesn't make any kind of sense!"

While on lock, I would sit there in visitation and listen to wifey vent, then I'd say something like, "I know, baby. And you're one hunnid percent right---this shit is for the birds! I'ma walk straight when I get out his time, because I'm tired of taking you through the ups and downs."

I would utter those words with such sincerity that I almost believed them myself. But deep down I knew that I was not done with the game. I would just have to be wiser about how I made my moves.

Ni is just gonna have to let a nigga do what he do, nah mean? 'Cause I love the streets and the fast money as much as I love her sexy black ass.

Yo, here comes my baby now, just coming in from work looking all tasty in that nurse's uniform. Damn, shorty sexy as a muthafucka! Watch how I put it down.

CHAPTER 2

NIESHA

I'm driving home from my job at Atlanta Medical Center where I am a LPN. It's hot as an oven outside and the AC in my cute little Nissan Altima is acting up. But nothing can wipe the smile from my face now that my boo is home.

Brazen has been in and out of prison for the past ten years! I swear if he slips up again and go back, I am not holding him down through another bid. No way! Not happening! We've been together since high school, and to this day Brazen is the only man I've ever been intimate with so it's very hard for me to let him go. But I swear, I am not putting up with anymore of his mess.

Anyway, I'm not even going to go there. I'm going to give my boo the benefit of the doubt and try not to think negatively. I'm listening to Keyshia Cole's The Way It Is feeling all giddy inside because I am about to go home and get some of that good loving that makes me so dang crazy in love. After three long years of nothing but my finger and a toy, a chick is trying to overdose on some dick.

I walk into the house hoping Brazen will have my bath water ready and be anxious to love me down. After all, we've been sex-ting back and forth all day, sending each other erotic text messages that has my kitty kat purring. So I expect Brazen to push me up against the wall and devour me the second I step in the door.