Hitting the Town

Imagine this:

You're out with your friends celebrating your high school graduation. You decide to take a train into The Loop, the heart of downtown Chicago.

You get off on State and Lake and wander the streets for the nearest coffee shop. You sit down and talk about your futures together and getting a new job. One of your girlfriends pushes you to finally get a boyfriend, but you know that your heart is set on one of two guys: Ethan Dolan or Grayson Dolan.

The improbability of it all really took its toll on you emotionally, but you never let that show. You're the light of the party, who needs a man when there's so much experimenting to do before graduating once again?

After coffee, you walk around and bask in the sunshine and smells of wet grass and crashing waves, the bells and whistles of the works of the city.

You make your way (downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I'm home bound) to Cloud Gate, one of the many landmarks of the city. You and your friends look to each other and laugh, engaging in touristy activities like pointing out the huge buildings and taking pictures near the bean.

All of a sudden, through the mirrored images of the many tourists, you see two familiar figures.

You turn around and your head is spinning, dazed and confused.

"Do you guys see that?" One of your friends asks, turning around to see where your eyes have landed.

"I don't believe it.

"Is that really them?"

"Could it be-"

"ITS ETHAN AND GRAYSON!1!1" A random girl is shouting and screaming, running towards them and squeezing the life out of them.

This of course attracts a crowd of fan girls.

"They posted about a meet up here ten minutes ago." One of your friends explained.

"And you didn't bother to tell me," you joked.

The group of girls was getting so huge, you decided to stay as far back as you could without getting squished.

Obviously that wasn't your first impulse, however. Of course you wanted to do exactly what the first girl had done, but he impossibility of this very moment started to settle in, mentally paralyzing you from the neck down.

"Aren't we gonna say hi?" One of your girlfriends asks, shocking you back into reality.

"Uuhhh.... I..."

"Ha! Look at that, the extrovert suddenly becomes the introvert." One of your friends joked. They never took your love for these boys seriously.

You decided not to torture your friends with this. Instead, you spent the next hour taking a relaxing walk around Maggie Daley across the street, talking again about college and the occasional stripper reference to cover tuition costs.

Shortly after sunset, you went down to the skate rink. You all rented a pair of skates, you being the only under experienced one there.

After the line for the rink finally disappeared, you were able to go inside. Your friends skated around without you, leaving you to embarrassingly stumble, flailing your arms to keep your balance.

You're about to fall when someone behind you grabs a hold of your waist.

"Woah, are you okay?" A familiar voice says.

"I'm fine, just terrible at this skating stuff," you laughed.

"I could help you out if you want," the voice matched a face now skating in front of you.

Grayson Dolan.

Fuck me please. Is what you're dying to say.

"Sure thing," is what you end up saying. "You're Grayson." You say more nonchalantly than you probably should've.

Too relaxed too relaxed.

"And you're absolutely terrible at skating... kidding, only kidding." He joked, hitting you with that wonderfully seducing smirk of his.

"Maybe I'll learn from the best. I'm y/n."

"Well y/n," Grayson took your arm in his. "Maybe I can teach you know and you can repay the favor later? Over coffee maybe?"

Your blush turned into huge smile. "I'd like that very much."

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

I haven't made one of these in a while, but I thought this was pretty decent. What do you think?

-T ☕️🔅💓