Wait for Me

Lacey
It's about 2 in the morning and I'm sitting awake in bed with almost everything on my mind, life, fame, food, depression, anxiety, all of it. My best friend bailey lays in the bed next to mine in our shared apartment in LA, sometimes I wish I could just tell her, but it would make things awkward for the rest of our lives. The thing want to tell her is that...I like her, but I don't know how and she would find it really weird. She already knows I'm not straight but I'm too scared.

Bailey
I wake up in the morning to nobody in my room but myself, I get up and put on a sweatshirt to go out into the living room, when i step out of the bedroom I see Lacey scrolling through her phone, today I'm gonna tell her something that might make our friendship awkward for life, but I have to say it, I can't deal with the pain anymore. I go over to her and sit down on the couch, she looks at me. "Hey." I say. "Hey." She says, I don't know why but it felt like it was already awkward, does she like me too? "Can we talk about something?" I ask, she nods, I take a deep breath. "It's big." I say, she turns to face me and smiles. "Ok, just say it." She says. "I'm afraid you're gonna hate me." I say, I feel my eyes start to water. "Bailey I would never hate your my best friend." She says, taking my hands, I look back up and take another deep breath. "Ok, I-I'm Gay." I say, Lacey looks me in the eyes. "Really?" She asks, I nod. "Was that it?" She asks. "No." I say, she smiles. "Ok what is it?" She says. "And I...like you." I say, she hugs me tightly. "I like you too." She says, my eyes widen. "Really?" I say, she nods and looks at me, we get closer to each other's faces every second, I close the space in between us, we kiss, then look at each other. "I love you." She says, I smile and kiss her again.