Chapter 2 ~ Life Zahra, Life.

Quoted from the Holy Quran, Al-A'raf (7:9)

وَالوَزنُ يَومَئِذٍ الحَقُّ ۚ فَمَن ثَقُلَت مَوازينُهُ فَأُولٰئِكَ هُمُ المُفلِحونَ

The weighing [of deeds] on that Day is a truth. As for those whose deeds weigh heavy in the scales —it is they who are the felicitous.

Words: 2306

Words: 2306

It's 11 pm, and I've been tossing around for an hour now. I can't sleep. Of course, I couldn't sleep. The distinctly appalling thoughts 
of being a married woman tomorrow were enough to take my beauty sleep away. After contemplating for sometime. I descended down the staircase making my way to my parents bedroom.

I hesitantly knocked the door. "Mom can I sleep with you?" I enunciated a little louder for her to hear me. "Sure, honey!" She called out from inside the room. I heard my parents whispering for sometime whilst I stood outside tracing the carves of the door patiently.

Once she was out she sighed heavily making me wonder why. We silently climbed back up to my room. She laid herself down on my bed and held her arms out for me to situate myself in her embrace, and I did just that.

"You know Zahee, when a girl gets married. Her husband has to be her first priority. She should love him throughout her life regardless of all the ups and the downs. Because after all, marriage is not a temporary affair. It's a promise of love and respect to him, yourself and Allah. Give your best and expect nothing but loyalty and love and Allah will reward you for it." She was stroking my hair and I let the advise sink in my system. I furrowed my brows and pulled away a little to look at her.

"But mom, dad doesn't love you! He is always s-" My mom interrupted me by placing her hand on my cheek.

"No zahee, he loves me a lot more than you think he does." She shook her head smiling at me. "If he didn't, he wouldn't have stayed by my side for the past 24 years, we wouldn't have had a beautiful child like yourself, he wouldn't have helped me bring you up as a good human being that you are today and if he didn't love me he wouldn't have been sad to let me go and sleep with you today. So, just because alot of men don't show it, doesn't mean they don't possess emotions cause trust me they do, and that's a-lot more than us women sweetie." She had a pained expression while she punched those golden words in my face that left me speechless.

"But mom I'm not like you patient, calm and..and perfect. I don't know if I can be a good wife or be good at handling any relation in that case. I'm not even a good daughter." I whispered the last part hearing my heart shattering into pieces. I felt goosebumps all over my body. I trembled at the thought of not being good enough.