Prologue

Your birth marked the ending of an era.
The birth of a new one was started the moment you breathed.
If this one is new and betters the kingdom was not up to you. It was up to him.
"Miss (Y\N)!" John yelled. You startled awake. John's kind, blue eyes were smiling at you as you opened your eyes.
"Are you okay Love?" The words ran off his tongue as you lifted your head.
John Hamilton. A scholar and historian. Tudor to the future queen of the Theodosain Isles, the largest kingdom in the Arcana. Quite a resume. He was 12 when he became your tutor, but before then, he was teaching nobles everything from languages to archery. He was the son of a brother of a prince in Nifelim, a bordering kingdom that was known for its intelligent people and strength as a military power. John's nobility, wealth threw his hat in the running of a future courtier. Your father may be finding you a future husband, but your mother was fighting hard on waiting for you to become a strong, diplomatic, and Democratic leader.
"Yes, John. So, weren't we studying the Red Plague?" You questoined. The Red Plague. The mere mention of the word sent shivers down anyone's spine. Though it was centuries ago, people feared a reoccurrence may start and kill thousands. You hoped and prayed not. The mere thought of your people dying was enough to make you cry.
"Yes, but we should quit."
"Why?"
"You need sleep."
"No, you know how my mother would say to that."
John put his hands on hus hips and imitated your mother to even her strange dialect.
"She must not Mr.Hamilton! As a ruler there are no sick days, you must work your hardest! Even on a bad night's rest!" You giggled as he kept going on about random things as your mother loved to.
"John! Quit it!"
"Ms. (L/N). Your mother and father wish to see you."
"Yes sir."
You dutifully got up, leaving John by himself.