Chapter 3: The Big Timeskip

(Timeskip to the next morning)

(Cana's POV)

I didn't see Sakura for the rest of the night, and after a few hours, we went home.

Now, I'm watching my parents run around, preparing to head out...

We're returning to the Himawari Estate because Uncle Cass was injured during an assassination attempt... protecting Sakura.

'They didn't die.'

In a flash, we've arrived.

My parents refused to let me visit Uncle Cass, deeming him too much of a sad sight for a young mind, so I went looking for Sakura.

I was rounding the corner to enter the corridor that leads to Sakura's room when she jumps me.

"How did you know?" Sakura, using as much strength as a 1-year-old can hold, pins me against the wall.

I felt particularly weak, most likely from the toxin she emitted, maybe from a potion she and Maude brewed.

'This... isn't going as I... planned...'

I tried to explain, but my lips clamped tight, stopping me from revealing anything.

'Is this... another repercussion?'

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry," I apologized, crying out remorsefully.

"You can't- You can't tell me? Cousin... my heart is screaming. Revenge is sweet, right? So why does it hurt me..? Maybe... revenge can come in a different form..." the almost psychotically mature ramblings fell from Sakura's mouth as she backed off me.

{A/N: And this is some exposition for future Sakura's psycho tendencies and "bloodlust." Also, this story still goes fast so bring on the large timeskip.}

After that day, Sakura and I would become almost inseparable... I just didn't know that yet.

(Timeskip 15 years later)

(Kirai's POV)

At this point, I'm fully integrated into this world, so Cana is on the backburner, I'm Kirai, and Kirai is Cana.

Due to my interference, Kirai and Sakura remain cousins, but more tight-knit than the original pair.

Currently, Sakura and I are riding a carriage, on our way to Crystal~Gold Academy.

Our admission will be based on the Power of our Majik Origin and our fundamental knowledge of basically everything we need for the ongoing turf war.

There are 7 known Majik Types, which are split into sub-categories.

Spectrum, Pyre, Aqua, Mineral, Nature, Enhancer, Aura... and more, yet to be discovered.

"Kirai, we're here," currently in her "sane" state of mind, Sakura nudged my shoulder to get my attention as our carriage came to a halt.

We exited our ride, side by side, striding towards the majestic entrance.

Taking a seat, we waited for a few minutes as our possible classmates came and go, until we're called.

"Sakura Kirimitsu and Kirai Himawari," The Secretary, a minor no-name character in the Otome, signaled to us, her icy gaze unforgettable.

We nodded in acknowledgment, heading into the Headmaster's Office.

"Goodmorning, Riuji," I greeted casually, as I've always been partial to this old friend of mine.