05 || kiss and kill

sorry for the long wait loves :( here is an extra long chapter to make up for my absence💛

*y/n pov*

"how's your hand?" i ask as i enter his hospital room.

it's been five days since the fight. Jungkook's recovering from a broken right hand & knuckles, plus stitches under his left eye that is now ringed with dark shades of blues, reds, and purples. and he has a busted bottom lip— but that's the least of his worries.

he is getting discharged today.

Jace survived with an ugly face, but that isn't any different from before the fight. his face was always ugly in my opinion.

"it doesn't hurt anymore." he smiles, despite the pain he is probably suffering.

"that's great!" i chirp happily, while sitting next to his bed.

"well then how's your face? do you think you'll still look good?" i tease.

"wow. you're a superficial bitch." he jokes back and we both erupt in laughter.

"is it a crime to want my boyfriend good looking?"

Jungkook goes silent. as do i.

hold up, what did i just blurt out? boyfriend? we've kissed once and my brain automatically thinks we're like- together?! why the fuck would i say that out loud? i'm such an idiot.

heat rushes to my cheeks, which results in me blushing, out of instinct of embarrassment. silence continues to fill the room and Jungkook sits emotionless. his facial expressions were always kind of hard to read but now it's a whole new level.

i try to think of something to say to cover it up.

Jungkook suddenly smirks and reaches across the bed with his free hand and intertwines our fingers together. "i actually find it really cute when you get embarrassed."

my body relaxes as i bring my hands up to cover my already flushed cheeks.

his reaction from my slip up could have went in a whole different direction but here he is now, practically laughing at me while i sulk in embarrassment at my own blabber mouth. but wait—

did he just readily accept the label as my boyfriend?

silence consumes us and i lift my gaze to see him already staring back at me. his fingers are gently soothing over my knuckles in soft circles which causes my heart to calm down from the rapid beating it was just doing. his eyes slowly roam over my face and finally shift down to my lips.

his throat bobs up and down while he swallows. i hold my breath and Jungkook starts to lean in. tingles start to skyrocket through my body and i smile at the mere thought of his lips back on mine.

my eyes carefully drift close and await the soft impact of his lips..

but when i feel his body hastily jerk away from me and hear the bed rustle from the movements, disappointment overtakes the giddy feeling inside me.

awkward tension fills the now quiet room as i sit back in the chair. it doesn't last long before some sort of confidence overtakes me and i ask, "why didn't you just kiss me?"

"you wanted me to kiss you?" i see Jungkook begin to grin.

"well- yeah, duh. i'm a horny teenager." my arms fly up dramatically and end crossed over my chest.

"you're supposed to be counseling me, not asking me to kiss you. you're doing a bad job." he pouts.

i huff an exaggerated breath and sit back in my chair beside his bed.