Prelude

There are worlds beyond the one you know. They exist outside this world and are full of magic and mystery. Throughout history some people have known about these other worlds and use the magic from them. These worlds are full of strange and wonderful creatures such as dragons and faeries. They have exotic locations and fantastic sights to behold. These other worlds exist apart from our world but can be accessed by magic. The worlds differ in distance and amounts of magic needed to reach. The worlds furthest away from our world are filled with monsters and daemons beyond our understanding with motives unknown to humans. The worlds closest to our world are often mirrors to the human soul. Worlds such as the Faerie Kingdoms represent our dreams; the Void represents our fear; and Utopia representing our passion. The world most known by magic using humans is the Faerie Kingdoms. Humans have a long history of traveling to the Faerie Kingdoms and many humans, throughout the years, have allied themselves with the elves of the Seelie Court whom rule over the rest of the Faerie Kingdoms. The Faerie Kingdoms is a magical place full of different races. The elves are the most common race in the Faerie Kingdoms and they rule over the other races. Some of the other races include the Pixies, Trents, Niad, and Dryads of the forest. In the meadows lived the Sprites, Sidhe and Centaurs. The mountains of the Faerie Kingdoms were filled with Sylphs and Faeries. The lakes are the domains of Merfolk and Tritons while devious Brownies lived where ever they could. Humans had a long history of traveling to the Faerie Kingdoms and learning magic from the elves. Humans had a affinity for magic that was second only to the elves. Humans wrer able to learn a wide variety of magic from Elementalism, the ability to control earth, fire, wind, or water; Divination, the ability to see the future; Illusion; the ability to make and control visions and phantasms; to Necromancy; control over death and the undead. Dozens of types of magic were learned and practiced by humans the greatest of which was Conjuration. The few beings who could master conjuration were able to bring things to life simply through their will power. All a conjurer had to do was write what they wanted and it would come into existence. Many people wanted to control the piwer of conjuation and wars were fought and people killed in attempts to master that power. Few people ever managed to learn the power of conjuration. Most of those who had conjuation were one of the few families that were born with conjuation as an anate ability. Over the years many cojurers assisted the Seelie Court and most of them became great heros to the elves and races of tje other Faerie Kingdoms. The greatest of the heroes was known as Last Will and Testament. He was the strongest conjurer in the history of the Seelie Court and was known far and wide as the greatest hero in all the land. When he died in battle against a greater Daemon from beyond the darkness the people of the Faerie Kingdoms wept. Most wept for the loss of a hero, but some wept for the wife and daughter he left behind.