Chapter I- New guy.

(1383 words)

"Hey, Alex, have you seen the new guy?" My best friend Ri Ta asks.
"New guy?" I ask as I take my seat at the lunch table.
"Ah, so you haven't even heard of him. Well, from what I've heard he's a handsome guy from Korea, he's fluent in English too."
"Cool, maybe I'll see him around. What year is he?"
"He's a senior like us I think. Rumor is that he's really quiet. Seems to me like he's trying to be a character right out of a movie or book."

I only shrug in response, it's not like I care.

"In other news, they found another female body in a ditch today."

Lately, dead bodies have been showing up here and there. Most of them are homeless people but some are just regular people.

"Of course. I'd say mom will start worrying more considering the murder hasn't been caught. Anytime I'm out past 7 she loses her mind."
"You are an adult, so she can't exactly do too much but I get where she's coming from. She doesn't want her kid to get murdered."

Me and Ri Ta finish lunch and head to our fourth class of the day. We both had an English class at this time.

"That must be the new guy.." Ri Ta muttered to me as she jabbed me in the side to get my attention. As soon as I look up I see a handsome guy in the seat behind mine in the back of the room, he had a white V-neck shirt on with a black jacket and black skinny jeans. He also had a black belt on, black shoes, and a necklace with a cross on it. Peaking out from his shirt you could tell he had a tattoo on his chest, but I couldn't tell what it was.

As I walk to my seat he looks up at me with a cold expression. I give him a quick fake smile as I take a seat.
He says nothing.

He's quiet alright..

The class begins and the professor begins talking, though not many people actually listen.

She assigns something in one of our text books so she can go sit on her phone. Honestly it didn't matter much if we did the work or not, sometimes she'd just give us all 100%.

"Hey, looking as hot as ever I see." My ex, Kane, said as he stood beside my seat.
"Listen here Kane, I told you to leave me the hell alone, I don't want to hear it." I angrily said.
"Ah come on babe, you know you love it.." he said as he pulled a chair up beside me.
"Call me babe one more time and I'll hurt you." I practically growl.
"That's cute.." he says with a smirk as he grabs my thigh.
"Kane stop it, I don't want you to touch me."
"Lighten up a little." He laughs, now rubbing my thigh.
"I said stop, before I hit you." I say, getting nervous. I was beyond uncomfortable but I really didn't feel like getting in trouble for nearly killing Kane.
He's a jerk, and I was stupid to date him for the short time I did. He cheated on me multiple times and all we ever did was argue. He only wanted me for sex, something he never got from me.
"Come on Al-"

"Yah, she said stop dude. You don't need to be talking to her like that or touching her. Have a little respect." The guy behind me spoke up.
"Stay the hell out of this, she's my girl."
"I'm not your girl, I want nothing to do with you." I correct him.
"So you're already fucking the new guy, huh whore? Fine." Kane stomps off.

It's times like these I'm glad this class is noisy and doesn't pay attention.

"Thanks, I'm sorry he acted like that." I say, turning to face the new guy.
"I should be the one saying sorry for how he acted. Does that kid have respect for anyone?"
"No I don't think so." I lightly laugh.
"You should get back to your work." He said, straight faced as always.
"You're right... hey, first, what's your name?"
"It shouldn't matter to you..but I'm Namjoon, Kim Namjoon."
"Nice to meet you, Namjoon." I smile and turn back around.