Chapter 2- Kim Namjoon

(1974 words)

As I drove to the University I couldn't help but keep thinking back to when Namjoon and Ri Ta were arguing..

If only I was fluent in Korean..

I parked in my usual parking spot and turned the car off. It's still fairly early so I close my eyes for a moment, only for someone to hit on my window, scaring me.

Ri Ta.

She got in the passenger side and just sat there.
"Is there something wrong?" I ask.
"Yes.. I want you to stay away from Namjoon."
"Okay? Can I at least have a reason to stay away from him?"
"He's trouble."
"Is that why you were being so nice to him yesterday? Ri Ta you aren't making any sense."
"Please don't ask questions or argue. This is one thing I'm dead serious about Alexia."

Oh, my full name.

"Fine.. I didn't have any intention on being close to the guy anyway.."
"Thanks. Now, my dad asked me to go out of town with him for a while, so I'm going to leave. Hang out with Eric or something, just stay away from that asshole Namjoon. Love ya!" She says getting out.
"Hey! How long will you be gone?"
"A week." She says shutting the door.

I watch her walk off through my tinted windows.
That was weird.

I get out of my car with my bag, as I shut the door a car I don't recognize parked next to me.

Namjoon gets out and looks at me.

My luck, of course it's him.

I wave and walk away before anyone could say anything, not that he would have spoken to me anyway.

I run inside and find Eric. I don't really like him because he has tried to kiss me and get me to hook up with him in the past, which caused a huge fight between me, him, and Ri Ta. He hasn't done anything since, but Ri Ta also hasn't been out for long since.

"Hey Alex, where's Ri?"
"She's going to be out for a week with her dad."
"Damn, I was really hoping to see my baby.."
"She will be back soon enough." I laugh.
"That sucks. Well whatever, at least I get to hang out with my sister." He says throwing his arm around me. He's been saying that I'm like his sister for a few months now. I don't know if it's for Ri Ta's peace of mind or what.

"Yeah." I laugh.
*********

"So Namjoon.." I say as I get the mallets and sticks for today's lesson.
"Yes?" He asks.
"I didn't want to ask Ri Ta about this.. but.. what was that argument about?"
"What do you mean?"
"You two were arguing in Korean. What was it about?"
"Don't worry about that."
"I will worry about it."

He sighed and looked around for a moment.

"How about we talk about this somewhere else, more private."

His response took me by surprise but I agreed to meet with him at a park after class since this was the last class of the day.

********

I parked and waited on Namjoon.

Soon enough he walked up and we both started walking around.

"So are you going to talk or are we just going to walk around."
He chuckled at that, "no I'll talk. So you want to know why me and her were arguing?"
"Yeah."
"Back in Ilsan we knew each other. We were kids at the time. She left without saying a word to me, or anyone. She thought I'd tell someone else and cause a ruckus, so we argued about everything, then you stopped us."
"I didn't even think about the possibility that you two may have known each other.. I guess that's why she told me to stay away from you."
"She told you to stay away from me? Well aren't you a great listener."
"I made no promise, and I had to figure out what was going on."
"Ever heard curiosity killed the cat?" He laughed.
"Yeah, well, I'll be alright." I said as we sat at a bench in an empty part of the park.