Chapter One - Introduction

In the middle of grade 9, the unique yet beautiful Sarah starts dating the "perfect" footy player, Michael. She thinks that he is absolutely perfect for her, that he is understanding, kind and wouldn't pressure into anything. She was wrong.

From when Sarah was younger, her dad used to physically and sexually abuse her. It all started on day when she was sick and couldn't go to school, so her mum went to work, and he dad stayed home looking after her.

"Sarah! Can you please come here for a second" her dad yelled from the living room. Sarah came running into the living room where her dad indicated for her to sit on his lap just to watch a litre but of TV together. All was well when suddenly, he dad started running his hands up to her genital area, and just leaving his hand there.

"Daddy? What are you doing?" questioned Sarah "Why are you doing that?"

"Don't worry honey, mummy can't know about this though, alright" her dad answered with a chilling voice. Sarah was freaked out and ran to her room where she locked the door and cried on the floor till her mum got home. She knew that she couldn't tell her mum unless her dad was out somewhere or in the shower, where he wouldn't be able to hear them.

When Sarah's dad finally went and took a shower, she walked into the kitchen where her mum was cooking dinner. "Mum, can I please tell you something?"

"Sure honey what is it?" Her mum said with a loving tone to her voice

"Daddy was touching me inappropriately today" Sarah replied when she finally started bawling her eyes out

"What? Okay honey I need you to do something and very quickly. I need you to go to your room and pack your bag with your favourite things, then meet me in the living room with you bag, but you have to be very quick". Sarah ran to her room and grabbed the biggest bag she could found where she packed her favourite toy that she told everything to, her favourite clothes and a bracelet she had gotten from her mum for her most precious birthday. She took about 3 minutes to pack, then went into the lounge. She could hear that her dad was still in the shower.

When she got in the living room, she saw her mum holding a bag, her cellphone and a pair of house keys and keys to her car. Her mum guided Sarah to go outside and into the car and buckle up. When she opened the front door, Sarah's dad yelled from the shower.

"What's are you doing? Where are you going?"

"I'm just taking the garbage out sweety" her mum shouted back. And then she heard the water from the bathroom turn off. That's when she knew she had to quickly run to the car and drive away as soon as possible without him finding out where they were and where they were going.

Sarah's mum couldn't think straight so she just kept driving as far away as she could, with Sarah in the back seat sleeping. She knew she had to go somewhere where her husband would never think she would go and the only place she could think of what her brother that had recently moved to the state of Arizona which she hadn't yet told him about.

When they arrived there, she quickly took Sarah and all the bags to his door and got let in. She explained the whole situation to her brother Joshua and asked if they could stay with him till they thought of some other plan. Joshua fully understood and let his sister park her car in the garage where it would be unseen. Sarah was taken to bed where should would be sleeping for the next couple of years till they found another place to live.