Starting all over .... Don't make me?

I've never thought ahead in my life. My priority has always been to live for the moment. Because I know that at any one moment, your life can be snatched from right under your feet.

My mother died after giving birth to me. No one could ever quite figure out why really, she was a healthy woman, healthier than most. My father was madly in love with her; they had met in high school, & became an item after one month into the first school year. They had been together ever since then. When they were both at the age of 22, they decided to have a child, me.

Only I seemed to ruin everything. That's what I had always thought anyway. I had always blamed myself for my mother's death, they were so happy, then...

My father always told me I was his only reason to go on. Though I have no memory of my mother, I know what she looks like through photographs. I look exactly like her. We have the same eyes, same nose, same mouth, the only thing that shows I am my fathers child is the colour of my hair. While my mother was dark, my father is a golden blonde.

My father never re-married, nor ever planned to, he knew who his true love was, & he wanted no other but her. We had grown up with just the pair of us, & we had a bond that was incomparable to any other. I have not many friends, as I have built up walls around me, & find it hard to let people in, but if you ask any one of them, they will tell you just how close my father & I are.

I've never had a boyfriend. Yes I have had many offers, but my father has always told me, when you meet your true love, you know. I am yet to have met that person, as far as I am concerned, & I pity girls who just flaunt it.

I'm Tallulah Diamond, & this is a story of my life. Little did I know, at the age of sixteen, my life was just about to get a lot more interesting.

***

"Tallulah wakey, wakey!"

I heard my father call at me, as he pulled open the curtains; allowing the rays of sunlight to hit my flesh, warming me ever so slightly. I mumbled before grabbing for my cover & tugging it back over the top of my head.

He pushed me over in my bed, tickling me as he did so making me squirm, & fidget before clumsily falling onto the soft carpet of my own bedroom floor. Typical morning in the Diamond household.

Sitting up rubbing my head, I gave my dad the look of death, but soon turned into a fit of giggles as I saw him trying to conceal his own laughter.

"I'm going to take it that someone doesn't remember what day it is today." He winked at me, before turning his gaze to the foot of my bed. Three wrapped gifts lied in wait for me at the foot of my bed. As every year, I had one large present, a medium sized present & a small gift, sitting on top of one another.

"Oh my god... It's my birthday. Dad I'm sixteen!" I sprung myself off of the floor, flinging my arms around my dads shoulders, & he returned my hug with a tight squeeze.

"Common open them. You'll love them, I promise!" Picking up the larger present first, my dad handed it to me, for me to find to my surprise it was rather heavy.

The larger present, was a complete art set full of everything a young artist needed. I am a fond lover of art, & its what I like to do in my spare time.

The middle sized gift was a pair of Jimmy Choo's I had pointed out in a window of a shop to my dad, but never in a million years did I expect him to get them for me, I mean, we weren't the poorest of people, but we wasn't exactly rolling in it.

Then came the smallest present. My father picked this one up himself, & carefully handed the tiny box shaped gift to me. Once the wrapping paper was off it revealed a small jewellery box, with a message on top.