The Jumpstart

Chapter seven
Cora's POV

A moment of silence. A moment of sheer terror. A moment of being completely frozen.
Rapid footsteps going up the stairs echoed through my head and large moans of pain were coming from outside the closet. Londyn ran out of one of the closet doors to see what happened to him, for all we know he could be half dead by now.

The closet was wide and long so we were all sitting next to one another and Alice had been sitting next to me so before she was taken. When that guy opened up the door closes to me I didn't know what to do nor have the time to think about what to do. She was gone within a snap of a finger. I don't think there was anything I could have done to stop him, but I should have at least tried something. But maybe he was here to save us and since there was only one of him he could only grab one of us.

I wanted to see what was happening outside the closet so I got up and walked out while Kylie and Lacey stayed in the closet. There was blood everywhere, all over the floor and all over him, Londyn was frantically running around looking for something. While I was standing there Kylie and Lacey walked out and saw everything I had just witnessed. Londyn comes running over with some towels and saw us standing there.
"What are you guys doing there just standing there? I need help!" She exclaimed.
So I ran to get the antibiotic cream that is kept down here while Kylie went and got some warm water and Lacey stayed to help stop the bleeding.
What I don't get is why we are helping him and not getting out of here so we can go home. I helped anyway because I wasn't going anywhere without the others.

Rummaging through the cabinet behind the bathroom mirror I finally found the antibiotic and ran back over to Londyn. Londyn and Lacey were trying to stop the gushing blood from escaping the wound on this leg.It looked so bad I couldn't look at it any longer.
"We need to get him to a hospital now, or he will die!" Londyn frantically said.
"Why do we need to help him? He is literally the one who has had us locked up here so why don't we just leave?" I asked
"There's a lot we need to explain about why we are here but we can't do that if he is dead so we need to go now!" Londyn
What did she mean by why we're here, but I don't have time ask I guess we need to go to the hospital.

"On three we lift, one... two... THREE" Londyn yelled. We all helped lift him, with two of use on each side, and take him out the basement door and up the stairs. Man he was heavy. We got up to the top of the stairs and saw that the entire time we had been down in that basement, we were in a house that had an old mildew stench to it and it the window I could see that we were in a stereotypical suburb that you would see on tv. There was no more time to scan the area, we still needed to get to the hospital.

Londyn is the only one able to drive because she has her permit and we need her to drive because there is no way we could walk him to the hospital. Londyn asks him where his car keys are and he said, in an almost inaudible voice, that they were in the left drawer in the kitchen. We put him down on the couch for a second while she went to grab the keys. She opens both drawers and says she found them, but I also saw her sneak something else in her pocket that clearly was not the pair of keys.
"Ok let's go" Lacey said. We all lifted him again and out the door we went.

The sun was blinding, so bright and warm. I haven't been outside in five months, and definitely didn't want to be out of the sun, but unfortunately we had to get in the car.
Kylie and Lacey got in the very back and we laid him down in the bucket seats so he didn't need to bend his leg. Londyn got in the driver seat and I got in passenger seat.

Londyn started the engine and gripped the wheel extremely tight. I could tell she was getting really panicked probably thinking about if we got pulled over or that we won't make it there in time. Or maybe that if someone notices us from one of the four girls missing that could be the end of the world (probably). I don't even know if we can trust this guy, what if he's and actual lunatic and he's making it all up to get us to trust him. I don't know what to think, cause what if he's telling the truth, are all these people going to die if we don't do something, because right about now I rather crawl up into a ball and not have to worry about this anymore.

"Londyn we have to go, I know this is a stressful situation, but now is not the time to freeze up, now is the time to take action." I told Londyn, to attempt motivating her.

Londyn looked over at me a and gave me a worried nod. She put the car in reverse and pulled out the mysterious object she put in her pocket earlier, it was her phone.

As she unlocked her phone she said, "Good thing I grabbed this, because I no idea where the closest hospital is." With a smirk growing on her face as she said that, I knew exactly what was going to happen next, and it was going to be great.