(-)

As you mum drove to the next place, you and your mum kind of just sat there in silence and listened to the music playing. You leaned your head against your hand and looked at the landscape flowing past and let your thoughts run wild.

Driving for about an hour you and your mum ended up in the city, since you lived in the country you loved the city, it was foreign and you loved how different it was to to the country side. Your mum parked near a cute cafe, you both got out the car and headed inside. Just before you got inside your phone began to ring.

"It'll be Chan, can you just get me a hot chocolate please?"

Your mum nods and goes inside as you slide across and answer the phone, heading towards one of the tables outside of the cafe.

"Hello?" You weren't even 100% sure if it was Chan because all you knew was that he was calling from an unknown number.

"Yoonji?" Your heart dropped.

"Yes?" You waited for a reply.

"It's me, Chan."

"I know," You laughed.

"Oh good." He laughed back, you missed that laugh, even though you had heard it like twice.

There was a moment of silence before Chan spoke again.

"Hey i don't have long, and i have a lot of explaining to do, just promise me you'll wait until i've explained everything before you never speak to me again, probably." He awkwardly chuckled and this made you feel sick, what could be so bad you never speak to him again?

"Okay." You readjust yourself in your chair.

"Well lets start with me not having my phone anymore, actually then i'll have to explain that, then i'll have to explain how that happened, then i'll have to tell the back story of that for that to make sense." Chan basically kept mumbling to himself for a few moments.

"Wow you're really great at this." You poked at him and then laughed a bit.

"Umm." He laughed.

"Take your time Chan, also just know, no matter what you say i'll still talk to you." You reassured.

"That's the thing Yoonji, i'm afraid you'll only talk to me because of what i'm about to tell you."

"Please just tell me, i've already had two girls yell at me today." You told him, not trying to guilt trip him, you just felt like he should know.

"Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry." Chan's entire tone changed at this point.

"Don't be, just explain okay. My mums been begging to tell me all day, but i'd rather hear it from you." Your mum come out of the cafe and put your hot chocolate in front of you, sitting herself in the seat across from you.

"Yeah well, umm, you use to listen to Kpop right? You kind of know how that whole world works?"

"Yeah, i still listen to it, but i'm not as obsessed as before." There was moment of silence as you sipped your hot chocolate.

"Well.." Chan took a breath. "You know JYPE right?"

"Mhm." You agreed, putting down your hot chocolate.

"I'm signed."

It took a moment for it to click in your mind.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you!" And you generally were, how cool was that, it was even your dream at one point, but that died a couple years ago.

"Haha, thanks Yoonji."

"Wait you haven't debuted yet, right?"

"Well, not exactly." Chan hesitated before he answered.