Jayden and Annie

I turned off my phone soon after I got the last text. Annie and Jayden were flying together, Jayden's mom was coming and Annie's parents were staying back, Max and Harvey were coming alone because their brother had a choir concert or something. They all knew each other personally. I was the odd one out.

My mom had driven me to the airport and I was going to come back to the hotel with them. No big deal. I felt like I was going to throw up. My curly hair was as big as ever and I just hoped I was smiling. My phone dinged and it was them again.

Jayden: We are so close to landing!!! EEEEEE!!!

Annie: She is literally bouncing in her seat

Annie: When we drove to the airport

Jayden: Ewwww my face!!!

Annie: IK I look equally as ugly

Harvey: GIRLS! I am on a red-eye and TRYING to sleep!

Julie: Just mute ur phone duh

Max: doin that now...

Jayden: Jules, your city is beautiful

Julie: Thanks! I am waiting by your gate btw

Jayden: I nearly had a panic attack looking out the plane window

Annie: 🙄Heights

Jayden: I am turning off my phone, Annie and I will just talk after all we are supposed to be on the ground in two minutes

After a few minutes of worrying I see the plane taxi in. I look for a minute and a lady with short blonde hair walks off first with two girls behind her. It is clearly Jayden and Annie, Jayden has her hair up in a messy bun and Annie's is everywhere.

"JULLLIIEEEE!" I hear Jayden squeal. I have been texting them for a month now and now I finally meet them. Don't freak out.

Her and Annie run at me, leaving her Mrs. Bartels with their bags. They were both a couple inches shorter than me, after all I was super tall for twelve, but despite their height they both managed to knock the air out of me.

"I need to breathe!" I gasped and they let go.They both laughed and let go. Mrs. Bartels gave me a hug, and it scared me slightly that she was carrying a camera.

"We are vlogging!" Jayden told me and Annie nodded. I breathed deep and smiled.

"Are you guys ready to go?" I asked. Jayden nodded and her and Annie picked up their roller bags. A small girl suddenly appeared.

"Can I get a picture?" She asked breathlessly.

"Sure!" Annie says. "C'mon Julie!" She pulls me into the frame and the girl's mom snaps the photo and then thanks us.

"Are you a jaybae?" Mrs. Bartels asks, turning the camera to her.

"Yes!" She said.

"Say hi to Jayden's vlog," Mrs. Bartels said, smiling.

"Hi Jayden's vlog!" She squealed and her mother took her hand and they left.

"Whoa!" I breathed out. "Does that happen to you guys everywhere?"

"Kinda," Jayden says.

"She was so cute!" Annie says and we walk towards the car rental. Jayden's mom passes the camera to Jayden who talks to it for a bit and then introduces me and we talk. I feel nervous as though I am going to mess something up.

Mrs. Bartels rents a navy honda and we all pile in.

"So Julie what are you swimming this weekend?" Mrs. Bartels asks. Jayden turns the camera to me.

"50 free, 100 back, 100 free, 50 breastroke, 200 free and a relay." Annie laughs.

"Wow girl!" Suddenly a song comes on the radio. "It is my song!" Annie squeals. I listen to it intently and sure enough it is Annie.

"I saw you online
Now you're showing up like all of the time
Yeah I think you know what I'm saying
Get out of my mind
And get yourself right into my life

'Cause the truth is I'm tired of waiting," Jayden and Annie sing along. I take a second to familiarize myself with the beats and join them.

"Picture this,
You and me doing those things we won't forget. Drawing hearts in the sand with your hands wrapped round my hips, I can picture this!"

"You are good!" Jayden says.

"Thanks!" I laugh. It feels like I've known these guys forever.