The Knife

~Lance's POV~

"Keith please don't cry." He's so beautiful when he cry's. He's beautiful no matter what he does. It only makes me want him more. Pidge noticed me and I stood up to take her outside. He looked shocked as I pulled away on the verge of tears. 

"Pidge the fuck do you want?"

"I saw that moment you had," Pidge said smirking at her wits.

"Guys, guys! You have to listen to this!" Hunk yelled looking out the entrance.

"What is it?" Pidge and I both said coming back in. "It's only been a minute."

"Keith, if you could repeat that." Hunk said turning to Keith and kneeling down to him.

"Uhh...sure thing Hunk." Keith stared at us before inhaling and talking again. "I have a friend who could turn you into Mermen, mermaids. I can take you to her. I just need another few hours to heal and we'll be out of here by nightfall."

"But you're still gashed up pret-" I started protesting. "It's fine Lance." He said. "Take what you want. I can put air bubbles around your heads and things so you can breath and your stuff won't get wet, and we will get there faster if you hold onto my shoulders and arms or waist. My tail is too slippery to get a good grip on. We will get there in approximately twenty minutes after we leave as long as there are no stops.

"Oh my god that's so cool!" I shouted. "Wait, go where? You said to get there. Where is there?"

"I guess your gonna have to find out," Keith said with a smile. He sat up and put the ice back on his legs. "I will show you it later today. There." The gash on Keith's legs was now healed and he stood up. His arms looked better as well and the only place he had an injury was his face. The scratches had healed I suppose but the dirt and sand showed the lines that scratched him. He brushed the stuff off his face and I finally got a good look at his expression.

He had large eyebrows and a slightly open mouth like he was confused. From the small opening between his lips I could see he had very sharp teeth. He had a mullet and all but it actually looked good on him, his bangs went in front of his eyes and unevenly swept across his forehead. His eyes I already described as perfect but his mouth, his mouth I wanted to feel. To touch, to taste, to explore every corner and crevice. It was luring me in.

~Keith's POV~

He was examining me like I was the last thing he was ever going to see.

"Hey, is the mall still here? We can go before we leave. And there is something I want to see if it is still there."

"There is actually, in the next city over. It wasn't too affected by the hurricane surprisingly. Pidge and I brought our wallets, not sure about Lan-" Hunk started. "I have my wallet thank you very much!" Lance protested, "And we're going! Keith!" I was confused, "Huh?" "You're coming with me!" Lance grabbed my arm hoisting me up and dragging me along to a truck that was still there. 

~Time skip to the mall~

Lance grabbed my arm and dragged me along to a store with scented candles and snotty postcards of famous beaches. I saw the happiness on his face and wished I liked what he did but I left him when he wasn't looking and waited outside. 

~Lance's POV~

Keith suddenly disappeared while I was looking at a postcard from Cuba, where my family's from. I got the postcard and left the store, Keith wasn't outside the store either. 

"Keith!" He wasn't anywhere I looked. The crowds were too thick to see the other side of the mall. He might be over there, then I saw him. He was looking through a window to a knife. The blade was purple and black and had its own sheath. He was practically drooling over it. I headed over and he jumped as I lightly touched his shoulder.

"Ahh! Don't do that!" Keith jumped back moving his hand up and gripping my jacket. He buried his face in my shoulder after turning back to me. I was blushing too hard so I picked his head up and our eyes met in that gaze again. We both turned away and I jerked my hand back.

"So umm... what were you looking at?"

"This knife! It's still here after all this time!" Keith started walking inside the store. "It was my mother's before she left and my dad said she left it to me. When he died I didn't name anything I wanted to keep so they instead gave it to my dads boss to sell. I'm surprised it's still here." He walked to the counter and pointed out the knife to the Klerk.

"The knifes been here forever, glad someone wants to take it," The Klerk said. "Let me get that for ya." "Thank you!" Keith returned politely. "That'll be $115.63." The Klerk says placing the knife on the counter ringing it up. "Uhh...here, I only have this." Keith stuttered as he gave the Klerk a tiny bag of small Safires. "Uhh, ok then here you go. Have a good day." "You too!"

Keith skipped back over to me happier than a kid who snorted sugar. He looked like a child and it was too cute. I wanted to hug him and squeeze him like an adorable little kid. I loved seeing him like this.

"Oh my god Lance! I'm so sorry I just remembered. You must've been mad when I left the store. I was waiting outside but I saw the knife. And I uh, I'm so so so so so so sorry!" Keith started stammering.

Without thinking I cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead leaning his head downwards. "Its fine you dumbass. Why would you think I'd be mad? I wasn't mad I was concerned and worried. You don't see huge crowds of people every day." I smiled and Keith was redder than red. He was redder than a tomato and started crying. "No no no no! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry! Was that offensive!? Are you ok? I'm so sorry." I was so upset with myself. But how was he still so cute even when crying?

Suddenly Keith hugged me. Hard and started crying on my shoulder, wasn't the first time today. "Thank you, Lance! Thank you. That was one of the nicest things that have ever happened to me. Thank you." "No prob." I pushed Keith away and shook him by the shoulders lightly. "Keith, oh my god we need to show you hot topic! I'm not a fan of there dark emo-ass shit. But I bet you'll like it! Come on let's go!" And we race away. We met up later with Hunk and Pidge in the food court before the mall closed. Hunk had cooking supply's and Pidge just got 2 new smartphones. She also bought her own WiFi and computer monitors and screens. Hunk was holding all of Pidge's stuff since it was a lot and Pidge held Hunks stuff which was also a lot but not as heavy.

Keith almost bought out Hot topic and even got some piercings. He carried all his things and even assisted Hunk and me a little, he was surprisingly strong for someone his size. However, he did show an extremely good build that was really impressive when he had no shirt on which was with lack of better words hot. He got piercings on his ears, one on his nose, and one on his lip. I wish he got one on his nipple. That sounds weird but it would be interesting to see a mermaid with nipple piercings. 

On the way back, Keith showed us his piercings. It turns out he got one on his tongue and his nipples since he thought I'd be funny too, yes! He admired his knife and attached it to a belt he had also gotten. 

As soon as we got back to the cave, we packed everything and headed off. Unaware of the adventures waiting and a love, making its way to the surface after being drowned out.

Sort of.

(1407 words)