Chapter 6: The Chaz Situation

Sarah's POV

"There is no reason to be upset." I can see Thomas clenching his fist, "SO THIS IS THE THANKS I GET FOR GIVING YOU EVERYTHING THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLE DESIRE!" Thomas roars making me jump a little, "Chaz is just a guy I met when I was at the mall yesterday." Out of the corner of my eye I see Melissa giving me an attuited expression. "Is that what you do every time you go to the mall, you pick some random guy and flirt with him?" I look at him like he has gone completely off the rails, "Maybe if you show some interest in what I want, I wouldn't have been at that mall, and I never would have run into him." I pause for a moment and silence fills the room. I stand up from the couch and step in front of Thomas, "I didn't tell you about Chaz because there is nothing to tell, and that is the honest truth." Thomas's face turns into a scowl of disgust. "You cheat on me, you humiliate me, and you have the nerve to try to act like it is less then what it really is." I sigh running my fingers through my hair, "Thomas I love you, I would rather die than ever cheat on you or humiliate you on purpose, I talked to him because he works there and made conversation with me." The sudden loud echo of the sound of Thomas's fist colliding with the wall. "YOU DISRESPECTED ME!" It might be strange for some people to think but I don't cower away from Thomas. "You better be glad that it was the wall and not something else, or should I say someone else." Thomas says in a very dark and threating tone. "Is that a threat I hear or is that a promise?" I say running my hand along his jawline. Thomas snarls angrily at me, but I can also tell that he is a little turned on, and so am I right now. "You are to never see him again. Am I understood?" I cock my head to side with a serious look on my face, "I had a short conversation with the guy Thomas, and need I remind you that you and I are not married." I say raising my left hand to show him no right on my finger, and this get Thomas to roll his eyes dramatically. "This is not the time to bring that up." Talking about our relationship has always been one of Thomas's biggest issues. "I don't have time to have this conversation with you for the hundredth time, I have a city to run and a so-called girlfriend that I choose to keep happy." I slowly unbutton a few buttons on his dark purple shirt, "I only did all of this to get a rise out of you." I lightly run my hand over the front of his jeans, "Looks like it worked." I smile up at Thomas whose face expression turns hard and he pushes my away from him and buttons his shirt back up, "Like I said, I have more important things to do then listen to you talk about something that you know puts me in a very foul mood." Thomas storms back out of the house slamming the door behind him. The room is quite for a few seconds, and finally Melissa speaks up reminding me that she has been here the whole time, "I will never understand why you love him." Melissa comments while I flop back on the couch, "I just do Melissa, I feel this pull to him that I can't describe." Melissa huffs and crosses her arms over her chest, "What do you mean? Thomas is Thomas and he will never change, besides Sarah you could do so much better." Oddly enough a small smile comes across my lips, "You couldn't be more wrong Melissa, you don't see what I see, and you don't know how he is when it is just the two of us." Melissa looks at me with a look on her face telling me to keep going, "He lets down his guard and shows me the man that I know is buried underneath all that tough exterior." Melissa looks at me with a weird expression on her face, "Believe me it has been nothing but an uphill battle, and yes I will admit there have been times when I could have cheated on him." Melissa cuts me off narrowing her eyes, "You passed on what might have been a real healthy relationship because Thomas has his hooks in you so deep that you have just adapted to his seriously unhealthy one, and a relationship that one day will get you killed. I tilt my head to the side, "The reason I didn't tell anyone was because it was that night that I figured out that if Thomas ever left me I would have nothing left in my life." Melissa grabs my hands looking into my eyes, "You could live without him Sarah, your life would go on." I take one of my hands out of her grasp and place it on her cheek, "I love you for being such a great best friend, no one could have a better best friend then I have, but I need Thomas just as much as Thomas needs me, without one the other would be lost in endless darkness." I remove my hand from her cheek, "People don't see it but it's true, we are one half of the same person, and I wouldn't trade what I feel for Thomas for anything in the world." Melissa just sighs while looking at me, "I will never agree with you staying with a man like that, but the way you just talked about him tells me that no matter what anyone says you will stand by his side." I happily nod my head, "It is just an invisible and unbreakable bond that the two of us share." Melissa nods her head agreeing with me for now, and finally dropping the subject of Thomas's and I's relationship. "We should put another movie in." I stand up from the couch putting in another movie, "And you need to finish my nails." I let out a crazy laugh sitting back down as the two of us finish up girl's day.