Chapter 6: Role Model

Ladybug hopped onto the jet before it took off. Her jaw dropped at what she saw. The interior of the jet was exquisitely furnished. Furniture was neatly arranged around the cabin with a bar in the back. A bartender was waiting to serve. Ladybug stood there, taking it all in.

"Well, looks like I'll be traveling to Paris in style." Ladybug said as she walked around. Plagg poked his head out of her hair to observe everything.

"Okay, there's gotta be some camembert around here." He whispered, feeling the effects of withdrawal. Ladybug put her hand on top of him, pushing him back into her hair. She walked to her right towards a sofa near a window looking out at Varengeville-sur-Mer. She looked out, seeing the clouds, the moon, and the stars. The stars made the sky glow bright and the water below glisten in the moonlight. It was absolutely breathtaking. The waves from the channel sparkled in the moonlight as the jet flew by. As she sat there, gazing out the window, the bartender walked up to her.

"Would you like a beverage, miss?" The bartender asked. She gently raised her palm in front of him.

"Oh, no no I'm okay, but thank you." Ladybug said with a smile. The bartender nodded his head and walked away. Ladybug shifted her gaze to the window again. Suddenly, the bartender came back. He tapped her shoulder. She turned her gaze to him, looking down at something he was holding in his hands. He was holding a piece of paper and a pen. On the paper was a child's drawing of Ladybug and Cat Noir on it. Ladybug looked up at the bartender.

"Pardon me, miss but...my daughter absolutely adores you and Cat Noir and...I was wondering if you would be willing to autograph this for her." The bartender asked.

"Of course I can." Ladybug said as she gently took the drawing and pen in her hand. "Did she draw this?" She asked, admiring the drawing. She began to sign it.

"Yes, she did. She worked on it for a long time." The bartender replied. Ladybug smiled. "You know, you're a great role model for her." Ladybug sighed. She had trouble believing that she could be a role model to anybody.

"See, she's dealing with a pretty rough sickness. It's taken a toll on her." He said, looking away to hide his anguish. "Despite it, she pushes through because she has you to look up to. She always talks about you and how you are brave and always caring for others above yourself." Ladybug didn't know what to say. "She also says that...whenever there's a problem, you're always able to fix it. You always have...and every time you do, she becomes more and more determined to face her fears and conquer whatever comes her way." The bartender explained. Ladybug was moved to the point of tears. She turned back to the window, trying to hide them as best as she could.

"Wow..I...I don't know what to say." Ladybug breathed in awe. "Thank you….for telling me this." She said as she tried to hand the drawing back to the bartender. The bartender pushed the drawing back towards her.

"No, no, keep it with you. She wants an autograph from Cat Noir anyway. You can send it back to us." He said as he took out a notepad and wrote down his address. He ripped the piece of paper off and handed it to her. She nodded before folding up the drawing and the note. She took her yo-yo off of her waist and pressed a button. A little slot came out of it for her to put the drawing and the note. She pressed the same button on her yo-yo to close the slot. The bartender stood there, smiling.

"Tell Cat Noir we both say thank you." He told her. Ladybug nodded.

"I will…" She said, realizing she never learned his name. "What's your name?" Ladybug asked him.